Trouble With Fields Jewellers?????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Knockers Posts: 3514
Anyone had any probs with rings bought in Fields? We bought my ring 3 weeks ago in Fields in Blanch, then last week I took it back in to be resized, I got it back yesterday & it fit perfectly. This morning I noticed the diamond is moving very slightly - I'm soooooooooo annoyed. I called them & they said to take it in ASAP so I'm going in on my break to see what they say. I'm just so dissapointed, when I bought the ring I was so impressed with the service I got from Fields I wrote to the manager (& got a reply saying thanx for taking the trouble for writting etc.... yesterday)
Ah well - I must be the only one then!!! O:|
clucky Posts: 26471
they are usually pretty good with problems like that have it fixed for you in no time it probably needs to be just tightenened unlike some :roll:
Well I took the ring in at lunchtime & had a fit at them - they're sending the ring into Henry Street tomorrow morning & then I'm going to collect it on Saturday from their Henry st shop. I'm so annoyed - I've hardly worn the ring & it took so long to get the thing in the first place!
clucky Posts: 26471
well look at it this way - once the stone is tightened you will get it back and will be wearing it for about 50 years
I hope so!!!
MTMR Posts: 788
We got both wedding rings there last yr and I was so impressed with the service (and the privelidge card) I bought all my jewelery there too - it was Dundrum brach, but they did tell me I couldn't get my ring re-sized because it has diamonds down the shoulders could that be the problem?
I think the problem is that it's a solitaire with the 'floating diamond' setting so I think when they made the ring smaller the claws must have opened slightly - which really they should have checked but as they rushed it through for me maybe they didn't check it enough. I have very small fingers - had to have it re-sized to k! The girl who sold me my ring said that the rings with the stones on the shoulders might not look right & because m,y fingers are small they might dig into my other fingers! I did try on two rings with three diamonds & they were fab rings but didn't suit my finger/hand at all! I will still be buying my wedding bands there - especialy with the privilidge card!!
Christmas B Posts: 6191
Just make sure it's insured for fear of it ever coming lose again and it falling out!!
Oh it is - took me a while (& a lot of nagging/reminding from Brickingit!!) but It's on the house insurance!