TRS Refund and arrears on mortgage

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

aylala Posts: 3673
Reading the other post about the PRSI today reminded me I received a letter from my bank Ulster Bank (well 2 in fact one for 09 and 10) saying I was due €x and €x for each year but this remains pre paid on the account and if you want to claim a refund the account must be up to date- totally forgot about it so rang the revenue today and they said the refund was sent to my bank in feb 2011, and to ring the bank, so did this and the girl wasnt sure about the refund and arrears on the account (have some arrears) so put me onto the collector general, they were busy and didnt call back, so anyone know if this is legal that they can refuse a refund as its my tax credit. My account is still in arrears but yet I get the trs now each month so if you think of it that was its contradictory - or I am clutching at straws here
CB2012 Posts: 236
Hey I'm not sure how this works but I think when I got a refund of Trs it came directly to me....
Mad Mod Posts: 1079
I would've thought you'd apply for any previous years refund direct from Revenue, like tax overpayment
MrsGilhooley Posts: 1235
I think it may depend on how much arrears there are and how much interest you have paid, the TRS is only due if you have paid enough interest. Do you have statements from your bank showing how much you paid in 2009 and 2010?
I have a letter from the bank stating we are due a refund of €900 and €600 respecctively hopefully I get some clarification tmw when the bank ring, could really do with the cash
Mrs. G I have those staements too Ill root them out