Trying to be positive!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

applette10 Posts: 251
Hi girls, Was on chlomid & pregnyl injection and got a BFP yesterday evening - double checked this morning and same thing BFP :o)ll :o)ll Spoke to hubby about it and while he is delighted about it we are so nervous that we don't want to build up our hopes (2 mcs before) so I feel I can't talk about it to anyone!!!! (only ye of course ;-) ) I'm praying that all will go well this time and hoping that I can get through the next 7 weeks - so that I can start telling ppl the good news. At the moment just anxious - but I suppose that is just normal really. Best of luck to everyone else! :wv :wv Applette10 :thnk
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
Best of luck applette. I’m 13 weeks pregnant now but had a m/c last year so I completely understand why you are feeling apprehensive. I didn’t even want to post it here cause I was that nervous. I had a very small bleed at 6 weeks on this pregnancy. It was really only a wipe or 2 but as you can imagine on that first wipe I was devastated. My m/c started off as a wipe and then got heavier so I was sure that it was the end. My hubby on the other hand, refused to believe that we were going to lose this bean. He said that this was ours and it was meant to be. He refused to even consider the fact! And surely enough all is perfect and I’m still pregnant. I guess what I am trying to say is that there really is no point in stressing over what you can’t control. I’m a born worrier and worry about everything but there are some things that are just out of our control. Try to relax and enjoy this as much as you can. Maybe talk to your doctor about taking some extra progesterone support- this might help! Congratulations!!!
Dancing Queen Posts: 2591
Aw thats wonderful news, I have 2 very close friends who are both struggling to concieve and hold onto their pregnancies so its wonderful to hear stories like this :thnk :stork:
Thanks for your replies girls xx
mrswifey Posts: 775
Hi applette10, Just want to say congratulations and I totally understand how you feel! I am just over 5 weeks pregnant and have two mcs in the last 12 months, so am terrified to get excited about this one. I am trying to take it one day at a time and if we have a successful early scan in a couple of weeks, I might breathe a little easier...maybe!
babythoughts Posts: 130
Im exactly the same im so afraid and i hate when people who have no experience of miscarriage tell you to relax I swear im going to end up slapping someone one of these days. My SIL is pregnant and of course shes flying it and she keeps telling me im so negative and it really upsets me im just so afraid to be in any way excited. I just try to make it through each day and thanks god all is ok im full of cramps and twinges and each one terrifies me yet i panic when i dont have them......... i think i wont relax until this baby is in my arms then il relax and only then
It is hard alright girls - but I suppose I'm trying to be more positive this time. Have had 2 small shows over the last 2 weekends - so I'm extra nervous. Defo don't think i will be able to relax until baby is in my arms too!!! :o)ll