Trying to buy a house..........

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

23skidoo Posts: 1272
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| :weep :weep :weep :weep :weep :weep :weep :weep :weep :weep :weep :weep :weep ;o( ;o( ;o( ;o( ;o( ;o( ;o( ;o( ;o( ;o( ;o( ;o( ;o( ;o( >:o( >:o( >:o( >:o( >:o( >:o( >:o( >:o( >:o( >:o( >:o( >:o( >:o( :o(
marianf Posts: 5845
Not sure if your frustration stems from finding a house or getting mortgage approval. If it is the latter, let me know and I will send u details of a super mortgage guy.
Thanks for the offer marianf, but we're buying through the council, Shared Ownership thingy. It's just really really frustrating, we've found a house and all but the council just are dragging their feet so much with the paperwork it's horrible. Of course the seller is impatient and the lease on our rented house will be up soon. Its..... almost 7 weeks since we viewed the house and put in the offer. I know this is probably fast in house buying terms (although it took 3 months to get approval for the scheme in the first place before we could even start looking), its just makes me mad when they say they are going to do something and you hang around waiting on documents, etc to materialise, only to ring them and be told 'oh well, its not done yet - i'll do it now' O:|
MrsG2b Posts: 1458
It seems a bit slow all the same...
marianf Posts: 5845
Try to keep your chin up !
jen0808 Posts: 1076
[quote="23skidoo":1bl22emc]Thanks for the offer marianf, but we're buying through the council, Shared Ownership thingy. It's just really really frustrating, we've found a house and all but the council just are dragging their feet so much with the paperwork it's horrible. Of course the seller is impatient and the lease on our rented house will be up soon. Its..... almost 7 weeks since we viewed the house and put in the offer. I know this is probably fast in house buying terms (although it took 3 months to get approval for the scheme in the first place before we could even start looking), its just makes me mad when they say they are going to do something and you hang around waiting on documents, etc to materialise, only to ring them and be told 'oh well, its not done yet - i'll do it now' O:|[/quote:1bl22emc] I know exactly where you are coming from. We almost didn't get our house due to council dragging their heels. It was lucky (for us) that the couple selling hit a few snags with the new house so bought us a few weeks. The only advice I can give is to keep on at them, ring every few days. We had an incident where an important document was 'found' in someones desk drawer! The only saving grace is that once the paper work is sorted the keys are handed over very quickly! Keep your spirits up it will all fall into place eventually.
princess buttercup Posts: 1457
I feel your pain. We've been looking since late last year, and haven't found a house yet. Every time we find something we like, the estate agent tells us there's an offer in which is above what we can afford. :o(
meeeeeow Posts: 1349
[quote="jen0808":2ymd4xqu][quote="23skidoo":2ymd4xqu]Thanks for the offer marianf, but we're buying through the council, Shared Ownership thingy. It's just really really frustrating, we've found a house and all but the council just are dragging their feet so much with the paperwork it's horrible. Of course the seller is impatient and the lease on our rented house will be up soon. Its..... almost 7 weeks since we viewed the house and put in the offer. I know this is probably fast in house buying terms (although it took 3 months to get approval for the scheme in the first place before we could even start looking), its just makes me mad when they say they are going to do something and you hang around waiting on documents, etc to materialise, only to ring them and be told 'oh well, its not done yet - i'll do it now' O:|[/quote:2ymd4xqu] I know exactly where you are coming from. We almost didn't get our house due to council dragging their heels. It was lucky (for us) that the couple selling hit a few snags with the new house so bought us a few weeks. The [b:2ymd4xqu]only advice I can give is to keep on at them, ring every few days[/b:2ymd4xqu]. We had an incident where an important document was 'found' in someones desk drawer! The only saving grace is that once the paper work is sorted the keys are handed over very quickly! Keep your spirits up it will all fall into place eventually.[/quote:2ymd4xqu] Keep hounding them! Sometimes they forget that they are messing with peoples lives. Best of luck, keep us updated!
[quote="Princess Buttercup":2076n3eb]I feel your pain. We've been looking since late last year, and haven't found a house yet. Every time we find something we like, the estate agent tells us there's an offer in which is above what we can afford. :o([/quote:2076n3eb] Estate agents are VERY frustrating! (no offence to any EA's on here!) I've found it very hard to deal with this one. They are always blaming the council for the delay but in reality they are messing some of the stuff up their end as well! Although in fairness there have been things they've been cool about (like the deposit - long story!). The house we want has been on the market for AGES with no offers and we got a very good price on it. It's exactly where we want to move (although when we were younger we NEVER pictured ourselves being this desperate to get back there! :o0 -more long stories!) It's quite small but has good space to extend and only needs some minor retouches - dado rail :hic :o0 I'm just going to be so chuffed if it all works out! I'm terrified something will go wrong at the last minute. I've not even said anything about it to my CBM (best friend) just in case I jinx it! So haven't been able to do anything about the wedding! O:| :o0 Fingers crossed i'll hear some good news soon, send me your good vibes! :wv
Cork Oct 08 Posts: 749
I don't understand how the estate agents can be holding things up, once you pay them the deposit it's up to the vendors solicitor, your solicitor and the councils solicitor to keep things going. The estate agent can ring the solicitors from time to time to see how things are going but they can't actually make things move any faster. You need to stay on top of your solicitor and they need to stay on top of the council and the vendors solicitor. Best of luck :thnk