Menu

ttc after a miscarriage

Go to TTC

goingforit
Mini Wolly

Re: ttc after a miscarriage

Postby goingforit » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:16 pm

Thanks 1978baby for your kind comment it really helps when someone is understanding. The same to you.

1978baby
Mini Wolly

Postby 1978baby » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:47 am

Morning girls, hope you are all doing ok?
So I'm due my AF today but I actually tested yesterday with a first response and I got a faint 2nd line. I'm so freaked! I can't get excited yet in case it happens again or I tested too early and it's a chemical pregnancy. My DH is the same as me, he won't believe it until we are well into the 'safe' zone. For my 1st 2 pregnancies I got implantation bleeding at ~10dpo, but I didn't for the last pregnancy and again this time so I'm already worrying that the same thing will happen. I know I should be so happy, which I am, I need to be more positive and pray everyday that all goes well this time.

Buttercup x
Mini Wolly

Postby Buttercup x » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:22 pm

1978 baby oh my god I never got a notification that there was a new post. I was coming on to post that I was having a really low day and had nobody to talk to. But oh my god I just saw your post, I hope so much that it is good news for you x I know you are afraid to get your hopes up and want to be cautious but I'll be excited for you.
Despite the sadness and all the worries you have to let yourself hope that the best will happen. I am sending every ounce of babydust your way hun x x x

1978baby
Mini Wolly

Postby 1978baby » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:12 pm

Thanks Buttercup, you're right, I need to be positive and try not to stress about it.
Hope you're ok? I know it can be a very lonesome time, but this thread is good because we all know how you're feeling.

Buttercup x
Mini Wolly

Postby Buttercup x » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:38 pm

1978baby how are you today? Did you test again x

1978baby
Mini Wolly

Postby 1978baby » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:06 pm

Hi Butercup, I'm fine now, still wary but I'm working on thinking more positively. I tested again yesterday with a clearblue digital and thankfully I got 2-3 weeks pregnant. So I'll test again next week with the 2nd test to see if it progresses. I've an appointment with my gp tomorrow, she said at my last visit that she might put me on progesterone if I do get pregnant so hopefully that'll help my chances.
How about you, are you doing ok?

Star DJs
Hotchoc
New Wolly

Postby Hotchoc » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:01 pm

CONGRATS!!!!! That is fantastic news. I'm only new to this forum but how long did you wait after mc and how long did it take to get your BFP. I have my fingers and toes crossed for you. Do you have any other children?

How are you feeling today buttercup??

1978baby
Mini Wolly

Postby 1978baby » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:25 pm

Thanks Hotchoc, I was told that I had only to wait for 1 period before ttc again. As it took us 14 cycles to get pregnant last time and I'm 37 I said we would ttc after I got 1st period. We got a bfp on the 1st cycle ttc, which I'm still gobsmacked at. I already have 2 children, which I had no issues conceiving.
I was at my gp today, she prescribed me progesterone to help my chances and told me to come back on Monday to repeat blood tests to check if my levels are increasing.
Since last night I have pain in my upper inner thighs which is freaking me out as I got that exact pain the night before I started miscarrying. But thankfully I don't have any spotting. My gp said that it wasn't anything to worry about.
Anyway enough about me, how about you Hotchoc?
How's everyone else?

susan3/10/09
New Wolly

Postby susan3/10/09 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:46 pm

1979baby I'm delighted for you & fingers crossed alls well x
Im sure you've mixed emotions about the whole thing & the worry must be awful.
We're gonna give it a go this month so just waiting on a smiley face now to get bd'ing!!!

thumpette
Mini Wolly

Postby thumpette » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:17 am

Hi girls, might join this thread for a bit of support. On 12th January our little boy Max was stillborn at 41 weeks and 4 days. It had taken over 18 months to conceive him and I had a textbook perfect pregnancy.
I went in with reduced movement on the 11th thinking I was being paranoid but he was gone. I can't even describe how I'm feeling- heartbroken just doesn't even cut it. Although we'll never replace our gorgeous little man I am desperate to get pregnant again as soon as possible to try to fill the horrible aching void. I'm almost 5 weeks pp now- healing very well physically, focusing on excercising and eating well and trying to prepare my body. I'm so scared of getting pregnabt again because I know it will be terrifying but I also know it'll be worth it. We get the results of the investigations and post mortem on March 2nd but most likely they think it will be unexplained. I think I might have gotten my first period today although it could just be the return of pp bleeding. Good luck to you all on your journeys too xx

PreviousNext

Go to TTC