TTC after c-section - experiences? - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

rebelin Posts: 113
Tks ladies for all your feedback. I had ECS due to position of the baby - so I'm not in any risk category and there were no complications with the section itself. Having asked around a few friends, everyone seems to be getting different advice depending on (1) the reason for the section, (2) post-op complications, (3) your own age - i.e. go sooner if you're older and (4) probably most unhelpfully, which medical staff you ask! I got different answers in the hospital and from my gp, with the hospital being more cautious. As someone explained to me before though, in obstetrics the focus is on complications in pregnancy so I think the hospital drs sometimes focus too much on worst case scenario. I'm not over 35 but I'd like to have my kids before I am so I think I'll risk it and let nature take its course. Great to hear other ppl have got on ok with it!
raccoonbaby Posts: 276
Isn't it annoying that they all give different guidelines, 2 years seems excessive! and if you were preg by your 6 week check that would be madness!!
galway07 Posts: 660
[quote="pawprint":385p1jkt]Isn't it annoying that they all give different guidelines, 2 years seems excessive! and if you were preg by your 6 week check that would be madness!![/quote:385p1jkt] It would be a flippin Miracle :o0 Or maybe an immaculate conception :o0
hipbaby Posts: 4530
God thats mad the advice is so different?? Like another poster I was told at 6 week check that it would be fine if I had been PG then.... I left it a little while and there is 18mths between DD1 and DD2 and then 2yrs and 4mths between DD2 and DD3. I was given the option with DD2 to have a VBAC for personal reasons I didn't take it. I was also given the chance on DD3 for a VBAC and was going to but it did end up in a section. HTH!