TTC & Alcohol

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Wannabamama Posts: 481
Hi Girls Im new to this particular forum but have been a long time user and poster on all the wedding related forums in the past. We have been ttc since end of December so this is really only our second month trying. My question is have you been off the alcohol totally while ttc or do you just go off it during the wait? Ive had the odd glass of wine it was my 30th last week and there were lost of celebrations so could not help the odd glass. Just curious as to what some of you are doing in this regard?
Mrs Peg Posts: 1778
hey Wannabamama, welcome on board! i've cut down a huge amount to be honest, not only just during the 2ww. i suppose it'll be easier for when i do actually get pregnant, i won't miss it as much! i'm having some problems so looking at all aspects really - at the start of the cycle i;m thinking - the egg is forming, so i want to be as healthy as possible, then at the end i'm thinking i could be pregnant and don't want to take any chances. that's just me tho - and i wasn't like this at all until we started having problems ttc. hth - good luck!
happyfeet Posts: 1316
hi Wannabamama! Im same as you on 2nd month of tcc. Last month i still had couple of beers on a sat night when on my 2ww. Im back the 2ww this week and will prob do the same. I like relaxing with few drinks. :hic :o0 Usually had some wine during week but cut that out. I dont think it would do any harm but id like to hear what others say about it? Any thoughts ladies?
Wannabamama Posts: 481
Thanks for the feedback girls. I have dramatically cut back myself and im not feeling hard done by at all. I don’t drink at all during the week now and have maybe two glasses of wine on a Friday, possibly one on Saturday or none at all. I’ve actually found it harder to cut back on my tea to be honest. Im down to two cups and drink herbal tea the rest of the time or hot water and a slice of lemon. I can see where you are coming from Peg, best to cover all possibilities.