Menu

TTC - what next ...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Dootsay Posts: 958
Morning girls, Great to see another BFP this morning :o)ll sadly, my AF arrived at the weekend before normal so I didn't have time to get wound up on the 2WW. Anyhows, we have only been TTC for 2 months, we were leaving it up to chance and sort of guessing when the time was right, but to no avail, now I want to actually see if I am ovulating, I came off the pill around 4 months ago, my AFs are v regular (24-25 days cycle) - so my question is, what next? how do I find out when and if I a ovulating, is there a pack I can buy? what is the best one? thanks girls, I really want to pinpoint my fertile time, I know maybe it just hasn't been our month but any help letting us know when is the 'time' would be fantastic. Thanks :thnk (cos I am sure this has been asked a million times before)
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
hi dootsay sorry to hear you got AF still early days why dont you try this http://www.boots.com/shop/product_detai ... mRefer=000 boots thermometre and fertility chart book 18, this way you can see when you ovulate HTH
is that the temping method? sorry I haven't a notion, do you need to start this on day one? or can you start mid-cycle, as I am now on day 4. Thanks
hi dootsay ye basically you get a thermometre and chart. 1st thing in morning you check your temp and log it on the chart, but it must be just as you wake up at the same time every day. then as your ovulating the temp soars high so thats how you know from the chart your ovulating. it explains it all in the book its quite handy. we were going to try maybe next year but im still on pill, though this might be a good way of keeping track of my AF. its a bit confusing at first i hadnt a clue but basically just follow your temp and you'll know when your ovulating. you can buy ovulating predictor kits or strips that let you know your about to ov www.accessdiagnositcs.co.uk
Tedsters Posts: 1688
Boots and any pharmacy really also sell OPK (Ovulation Preditor Kits) with instructions on when/how to test. So say you have a 28 day cycle then test on day 13/14 to find your most fertile time. Also suggest you look up the sticky "Fools guide to TTC" at the top of this forum which gives excellent advice.
I had a wee nosey in boots at lunchtime and they came in packs of 5 - does that mean you have 5 goes to test if your OV or not? It's all v confusing, I didn't buy any just yet. - are they like PG tests? like a stick to pee on ? Thanks again..
ye dootsay they are like sticks so it would be 5 per pack you should really try acces disgnostics they do them all really cheap www.accessdiagnostics.co.uk
Itisasecret Posts: 389
You might also find this thread useful http://www.weddingsonline.ie/discussion ... hp?t=47690
corkrebel Posts: 744
Dootday, I found fertility friend quite useful in pining down my fertile window...it does take a few months of temping to build up a picture as you cannot use the info that you have collected from just 1 or 2 months....so I dont know if you would find this frustrating more then helpful.... I started temping and charting a few months before we were going to TTC so it helped me have an idea of my fertile window.... temping pin points your ovulation after the fact as your body temp rises slightly after you have ovulated... OPK's are useful indicators of your fertile time but they have to be used accurately as you can miss your LH surge ( which indicates that you are about to ovulate)...they can also be expensive and you may find that you could be using up to 7 in a month .... feel free to PM me if you think that I can give you any more useful info and I will be happy to help! best of luck!