Tummy band thingy

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Perci Posts: 3847
Hiya, can anyone tell me what the tummy band thing is called that allows you to wear your ordinary trousers etc when they don't fasten up anymore?! Also, where would I buy one? Thanks a mill.
mumtobe Posts: 145
Hi Augusta, It's called a belly band , I got mine in H&M but I'd say most maternity shops sell them.I only got mine on Sunday & it's great. Hope this helps
wedjul05 Posts: 5673
I think Topshop do them too!
Thanks girls. mumtobe, can I ask how much you paid for it in H&M? I just found them online on the pregnancy store and it's 78dollars for 3 which is just under 60euro. Could get caught by customs though...
[email protected] Posts: 492
I got on in the pregnancy store in town and they have online ordering too for 38 euro. Havn't used it yet but fingers crossed.
Tigletts Posts: 2904
You can also get belly belts which I find great, I got mine from the VHI for 26 yoyos, so I can still wear some of my trousers as long as I have a long top to cover up. They also sent me a free book.
Christmas B Posts: 6191
[color=indigo:1kgr4z0h]Tigletts, I'm loving those things and they're so cheep for 3 of them!! I'm gonna whip out Mr. Visa now and make myself a purchase!! [/color:1kgr4z0h]
mumtobe Posts: 145
Augusta, Mine is a bit different , for all the world its like a big thick band of soft material that you put on over your pants , you can leave the buttons open then & dont have to worry about your pants falling down.I got it for €7.90.They come in black or white. Hope this helps
cpd Posts: 177
Augusta, I got a belly band last week in black in New Look (in Northside S.C - not sure if you're in Dublin) for €4 I also bought 2 from Australia from this site: They are reversible so you get 2 in 1. Including postage, they cost about €30 altogether. They arrived in about a week. I find them great and they have good support. HTH C
Thanks for that info girls, looks like it's cheaper to buy here. Might have to go for both types of band thingies :thnk