Tummy Tub Users?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Perci Posts: 3847
Just wondering how those of you that bought a Tummy Tub are getting on with it? I like the idea of it being womb-like and cosy but the babies in the pics look so squished in it. Can you clean the baby properly? My nephew had nappies so bad that he had poo in his armpits at times ( :eek ) so is there enough room in a Tummy Tub to clean properly? DH thinks it's a glorified bucket!
mumof2 Posts: 3864
I remember last year in the Roches Stores sales two girls I work with brought these. At the time we were all in knots laughing when they brought them back to the office. We often talked about it afterwards and the girls said they found them great to use, quite handy and the baby was supported in them. However, one of the girls had a large baby and only got 2 months out of it, but she still did say it was worth it - and the pics of them in it are so cute - but yes I think it does look a bit like a bucket :o0
anagiggles Posts: 107
We have the [url=http://www.ecologikids.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=46&products_id=153:ek1cet3x]shantala pail[/url:ek1cet3x] (same idea, but a bigger 'bucket' ;), and way cheaper). Jack loves it, he walks his feet up the side and thinks it's hilarious when his toes peep above the water! He also loves pushing himself up. It's not as easy as a bath to wash his hair, but it's just a matter of finding a way that works best for you (we do it after he's been in it, hold him over the water, wet his hair, shampoo and rinse, and that way there's no risk of him drinking shampooey water ;)
Perci Posts: 3847
Thanks girls, I'm just not sure about it. I came across this that looks it might be alot more functional for longer, what do you think? http://www.simply-baby.co.uk/p416083/Ti ... pport.html
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
Augusta I'm going to get something like that. Tommy Tubb looks like a waste of money imo. One of these fads that everybody raves about, but in the end, end up bathing baby in kitchen sink!! SOrry don't mean to offend anyone that has bought one. I just don't see what the big deal is. :-8
anagiggles Posts: 107
They are a bit of a fad alright, the only reason we got the shantala was because we were sick of filling a bath full of water, when we only needed a little in the bucket for J to be covered to his shoulders - in the bath on the support his tummy was always chilly as it was out of the water iykwim.. and I hate bending over the bath! The kitchen sink was great when he was newborn and up to a month old, but at the moment he likes to pull the stopper out with his toes and doesn't want to be held so much in the water! Once he's sitting up on his own though, the quick washes will be in the kitchen sink again - best height for me, and big enough for J! So I guess our main reason for the pail was saving water - oh and it stays warmer for a bit longer than the bath does... and it allows us to bath him in the living room, with the fire on to keep the room nice and toasty, and we can be on the same level as him (sitting on the floor), instead of bending over the bath looking down on him (unless we get into the bath with him).
The Fitness Dock Posts: 130
[quote="Augusta":1xpwfbpo]DH thinks it's a glorified bucket![/quote:1xpwfbpo] That's what my girlfriend said when I suggested we get one. I don't know how good they really are but that baby featured in the brochure is [i:1xpwfbpo]so[/i:1xpwfbpo] cute!!!! :o0
madmam Posts: 1294
I saw it in the shops too, and even though the idea seems good, I mentioned it to my mam who works in a cafe, and she brought a few empty mayonnaise buckets home instead! Same thing! One (or two) for soaking nappies, one for bathtime!! :o0