Tunisia in August

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Hi girls i just posted in OT about this. Do you think im mad to go there in August ill be 18 weeks pregnant. Has anyone else been to a very hot (40 degrees) destination when pregnant. I really want to go the hotel looks fab all the reviews on it are 10/10 and we want a relaxing holiday before baby is born. My biggest concern is the heat, but hotel is on the beach. Thanks.
Idina Posts: 1289
It really depends on how well you handle heat. I don't handle it well at all. I was in Tunisia in september (a couple of years ago) and found it very hot
Christmas B Posts: 6191
[color=indigo:1c84nnp8]I'm just back from Cyprus and it was high twenties but there was a strong breeze the whole time we were there. When I was lying out in the sun I kept a wet hand towel drapped over my tummy and drank ooodles of water even when I didn't want to. The lil one kicked a lot when I was lying out so I didn't spend long in the sun at all. It's really important not to over heat your body as the lil one can get all distressed. I think 40 degrees would be way too hot when pregnant, just too uncomfortable for me anyway. I was in Turkey years ago and it was 40 degrees and it was way too hot and I love my sunbathing & sunshine!! I reckon you should ring your doctor and he'll advise!![/color:1c84nnp8]
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
I answered in OT but I wouldnt think i would be good for you or baby to be honest...even if your not going to be sunbathing,the humidity might be far too much for you!
jen2 Posts: 3106
I was in Tunisia about 4 years ado in August and it was in the mid 40's and two day it went over 50. I cant handle the heat anyway, and can just about cope in the high 20's, but it really was horrible. Within a minute of leaving the apt I could not get my breath and DH was sweating all the time. Even when you got in to the sea it was warm water. I stayed under the umbralla until after 5pm. In saying that the hotels are well airconditioned, but I would think the heat might be a bit much for you. Jen2
Thanks girls i think ill have to leave it. Im raging cos the hotel is fab and i really wanted to go there but i think it wil be too hot. Anybody got any recommendations. Im looking 5* all inclusive, not too long a flight, very relaxing and quiet and temp about up to 30 degrees looking to go in August. Thanks.
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Notlongtogo, is it by the beach you were thinking of going? Inland would deffo be very hot but you should be okay by the sea. But it depends on yourself how you cope/if you like the heat or not. You'd just have to be sure to drink buckets of water and not stay in the sun for long periods, but you could have a lovely relaxing holiday still. Do you have to go in August is another thing?
[quote="NotLongToGo":2f2vrp0b]Thanks girls i think ill have to leave it. Im raging cos the hotel is fab and i really wanted to go there but i think it wil be too hot. Anybody got any recommendations. Im looking 5* all inclusive, not too long a flight, very relaxing and quiet and temp about up to 30 degrees looking to go in August. Thanks.[/quote:2f2vrp0b] The Gloria Palace in Puerto Rico is supposed to be fabulous,very well rated...not sure of the * though...my favorite is Dubai but thats too far!
Thanks, Tigletts the hotel is on the beach literally about 10 steps from pool to sea and hotel fully air con. A girl i work with said she was there last July and it got to 42 one day but she said it wasnt unbearable and the other days it was in the 30's. There is supposed to be a good breeze from the sea. Im going to doc Monday week so ill ask her what she thinks. Mama, is that Puerto Rico in Gran Canaria? Also August suits us better but i might see if i could get it end of Aug. I was looking at a lovely hotel in Kos but the flight is 4 1/2 hours and only 3 to Tunisia.
[quote="NotLongToGo":1g1frdze]Thanks, Tigletts the hotel is on the beach literally about 10 steps from pool to sea and hotel fully air con. A girl i work with said she was there last July and it got to 42 one day but she said it wasnt unbearable and the other days it was in the 30's. There is supposed to be a good breeze from the sea. Im going to doc Monday week so ill ask her what she thinks. [b:1g1frdze]Mama, is that Puerto Rico in Gran Canaria?[/b:1g1frdze] Also August suits us better but i might see if i could get it end of Aug. I was looking at a lovely hotel in Kos but the flight is 4 1/2 hours and only 3 to Tunisia.[/quote:1g1frdze] Yes !