Turning 30

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pluto Posts: 3893
Well, the year has come, that most of my friends and I are turning 30. :o( So, what is it about turning 30 that makes us all want to crawl under a rock and stay there until the whole thing is over?? Why do we look back over the last 10 years and see what we have to show for it?? I for one, seem to be trying to squeeze a life time into this year, as if my life is going to end once I get to the big three zero. How did you all take it/are you taking it, and is it as bad as it's made out to be??? I know they say age is only a number....but why are birthdays getting harder and harder, and why is 30 dreaded so much!! :eek
MrsOBrien1412 Posts: 3971
I enjoyed turning 30 to be honest !! I hated turning 31 (same day as wedding) I prefer to look forward instead of looking back to the f*ck up that was the first half of my 20's :o0 :o0 Onwards and upwards sure 50 is the new 40 !! and thats way off
clucky Posts: 26471
i didt mind turning 30 turning 31 however put me into a depression i have been invited to a 21st tomorrow so depressing :o(
jarashow Posts: 3083
Same as the rest of you, for some reason 30 was fine and 31 was awful, didn't like it at all !!
*gone* Posts: 4785
All my friends and I are turning 30 as well this year and on one hand I want to have the mother of all parties, on the other hand I want to stick my head in the sand and hope it's just not happening! I think it's because I always said I want to be married with kids by the time I was 30, and now that the birthday is creeping up on me, I feel like I've accomplished nothing of what I wanted to do, and that I now have to GROW UP, which I am dragging my heels about!
Shin Posts: 8515
im 29 this april and its not so much turning 30 that makes me wanna kill meslef its the fact of what '30' brings. I swear to god, i noticed a little line around my left eye :eek and its getting longer. But they say people of our generation arent looking 30 and we arent appearing younger all the time. C'mere though, anyone notice their boobs startin to sag a bit?
Oh great! I was dreading 30, now I've another year to dread 31 even more!! :o0 :o0 I think what my problem is, is that I'm a sentimental old git, and I hate the thought of getting older. I like to cling onto the past. I suppose, if I'm getting old, the people around me are getting old, and I hate it!
yeah thats it exactly soontobewed do you ever think back to your teens and god the years really have flown. If it went that fast, it wont be long now till im 40!!!!
[quote="shin":26h805m4]yeah thats it exactly soontobewed do you ever think back to your teens and god the years really have flown. If it went that fast, it wont be long now till im 40!!!![/quote:26h805m4] All the time!! I look to my 21st and it was like last year!! Remember how we couldn't wait for our 21st....it couldn't come fast enough!! Now I just want to slow things down! And didn't the mammies tell us that'd be the way it'd be too!! :o0
[quote="dizzy wannabe":4luiyvrt]All my friends and I are turning 30 as well this year and on one hand I want to have the mother of all parties, on the other hand I want to stick my head in the sand and hope it's just not happening! I think it's because I always said I want to be married with kids by the time I was 30, and now that the birthday is creeping up on me, I feel like I've accomplished nothing of what I wanted to do, and that I now have to GROW UP, which I am dragging my heels about![/quote:4luiyvrt] hey dizzy, my sister didnt have her first baby until she was in her 30's. there's plenty of time for that. Grow up?? im still a big kid. oh god its scary shit isnt it this ageing business? i cant be dealing with it.