TV License!!!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

honeypot2010 Posts: 1500
Have just seen in Star today that RTE are in shortfall this yr with lack of advertising on telly.... They are going to ask that TV License be increased!! O:| O:| Now I personally think that €160 is more than enough for the privilege to switch on your telly, and personally mine is up for renewal soon, and I'm sick at the thoughts of paying it, with being out of work!! If they increase it, what next?! A radio license, a kettle license???
ohsotired Posts: 7071
Yep we sure do - the more people who decide not to pay it the more it will go up for the rest of us! There are other things I would much rather spend the money on but hey, such is life!!! :wv
Mama2Be Posts: 295
I just got mine in the post yesterday. Was sick at the thought of paying it, afterall, I pay for my sky, so why should I pay for it again!! IMO. But went ahead and paid it anyway
I grumble about paying it next week, but its €160.... How can you fathom paying any more than €160?!?? If RTE are in shortfall of 68mill, than they should put more f*cking inspectors out there, than charging us more!!! O:| O:|
spanishb2b Posts: 1261
[quote:3u3jufe2] the more people who decide not to pay it the more it will go up for the rest of us![/quote:3u3jufe2] I agree. I don't know how they could justify putting it up. It's already too much imo.
gottabfp Posts: 5641
mine is due... i just keep orgetting, can you pay it online
MamaFratelli Posts: 157
They should be looking at what they're paying tosser's like Kenny and Ryan. Why should we be paying their collosal wages. And the programming is cat. They very rarely come up with any good original material of their own. I was listening to Ray Darcy the other morning and he was saying that their charity show this year, like they've done Celebrity (I use that term loosely) You're A Star and Fawlty Towers, will be White Collar Boxing. I'm a bit torn on this one, whilst I would love to see one of our lovely Irish Celebrities getting the sh*t kicked out of him I still think it's completely unoriginal copy cat cr*p!!! I wonder if I didn't tune in RTE would I still have to pay the licence!!!
SGirl Posts: 2542
We always pay ours but i have big issue with it, like someone else said, why pay for it when we already pay for sky? I would consider that the money is mismanaged, how is it that TV3 is a better station and we dont have to fork out for that? We also pay alot of our license for TG4 and i certainly don't watch that! Questions and Answers was the only decent programme as far as I was concerned and now thats gone. RANT OVER :o0
I feel totally the same! No aerial, also have sky- €56 a month.... Seriously p[u:1iocytsb]issi[/u:1iocytsb]ng me off that they're thinking of putting it up As Mama Fratelli said...they should be taking it off the shi[i:1iocytsb]thea[/i:1iocytsb]ds thats on collasal wages!! O:| O:|
I feel totally the same! No aerial, also have sky- €56 a month.... Seriously p[u:1iocytsb]issi[/u:1iocytsb]ng me off that they're thinking of putting it up As Mama Fratelli said...they should be taking it off the shi[i:1iocytsb]thea[/i:1iocytsb]ds thats on collasal wages!! O:| O:|