Two Best Men?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ModernMrs Posts: 28
Hey all, my OH is still trying to make his decisions on who he wants as a best man and he's stuck between two of his friends. He hasn't been able to make up his mind because both of them are really close with both of us as a couple for their own reasons so I suggested he ask the two of them, except he doesn't think it's traditional?! Bear in mind, we are having a civil ceremony and we aren't traditional as such so I don't know where he got that from :yelrotflmaosmilie: I think I would like your opinions on it because I've been trying to explain to him that it's not as big of a deal as he thinks. x :lvs
20thMay2017 Posts: 153
I wouldn't think of it as a big at all! Sure apart from being listed in the ceremony booklet no one would know any different anyway. I've been to weddings and wouldn't know the best man from a groomsman!
[url][/url][quote="20thMay2017":3fqybtof]I wouldn't think of it as a big at all! Sure apart from being listed in the ceremony booklet no one would know any different anyway. I've been to weddings and wouldn't know the best man from a groomsman![/quote:3fqybtof] :yelrotflmaosmilie: Yeah this is what I was saying to him. Thanks for your reply x :heartbeat:
MissyM67 Posts: 337
I agree, no big deal at all. Do whatever makes you and him happy. I've actually seen it before at a friend's wedding-joint best men. They even did a joint speech which was really funny and different!
Ah it's so reassuring to hear haha I do love my OH but he's so stubborn O:| :yelrotflmaosmilie:
DaisySnowstar Posts: 41
My fiancé is having two best men for the same reason. He couldn't pick between the two of them. He's also having 3 groomsmen because he couldn't pick between them either! One of the best men doesn't want to do the speech and the other started writing a speech when we got engaged... So it will work out fine I am sure. It's not traditional but my fiancé would be upset with either of them if they decided to pull out of it just because it's not "traditional"
denlo Posts: 124
I wouldn't worry about tradition. Our son has just got engaged and he's asked his sister to be best man! And she's accepted :)
Thanks for your replies girls :) Having his sister as his 'best man' is lovely isn't it? :lvs I am very family orientated so I am glad that all the siblings are involved :xox
Vedalovelo Posts: 164
Oh it's def no big deal. I keep telling myself "it's only a big deal if I make it be". Originally I was having just 2 bridesmaids and wanted them joint MOH because I love them both and wanted it to be fair and nice etc. Now I have a third one so I picked one of my sisters. I don't think it was a big deal back when they were joint! x
DaisySnowstar Posts: 41
Can I ask what is the role of the MOH? I have 4 BMs, one is my sister and she is hinting at being MOH but we don't communicate well at the best of times and I wouldn't have her organize her way out of a paper bag. However, she is my only sister. So I'm thinking I probably don't need a MOH at all. Just wondering what exactly is the MOH supposed to do? I have a wedding planner who will be there to move people around on the day and I won't be asking her to do a speech.... Am I missing something? Apologies in advance if I should have started a new thread to discuss. I am not sure of the etiquette here yet.