Two colours in bridal bouquet?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

notime Posts: 125
Hi, I was talking to my florist the other day and was saying I'd like open white and baby pink roses. He said just one colour, white, would be better because otherwise it looks too symmetrical. What do you think? I had liked the idea of the two colours. BM's flowers are open baby pink roses. Also he suggested the men's buttonholes would be open roses too.. would a rose be too big on their lapel? Then the mother's corsages would be a smaller flower (can't remember name).. should this be the other way around? Thanks.
wishin&hoping Posts: 3666
I am having 2 colours in bouquet. Main colour being a deep pink with some cream roses. BMs bouqets also 2 colours. Main being the cream & some pink. The mammys corsages are going to bigger than the buttonholes
notime Posts: 125
Thanks. Yeah I was thinking corsages should be bigger than buttonholes. I'll check with him again. Oh you have only 25 days to go! V. exciting. I've got 2 months now :-)
wishin&hoping Posts: 3666
2 months will fly in. I am excited :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Nadie Posts: 1111
I think a smaller, unopened rose looks nicer on the lads and I had six or seven colours in my bouquet. It's up to how they're arranged as to how symmetrical they look. If I were you I'd get a flowers magazine (was amazed to find out such a thing existed when we were planning!) and try to get an example to show him. Don't be afraid to tell him thanks for the advice, but you want it the way you want it.
kookiegal Posts: 1150
Two coloured bridal bouquets are fab - don't listen to him! They will tie in your bm's colours and as op said it depends on how they are arranged - just because there are two colours it doesn't automatically mean that it will look symmetrical. :wv
LMR Posts: 1925
I had different shades of pink and some cream/white thrown in and they were GORGEOUS (I'd originally wanted all one colour but the florist taled me into it). However, deffo go with one as the main colour and maybe have dashes of the other or go for different shades to stop it being to bold a contrast.
manxmrs Posts: 850
I'm having 2 colours in my bouquet, hot pink and cream roses, and think they will look fab!!! Down to personal choice really and what will match up with your theme, I personally think 2 colours are better anyway :wv
mrsp2010 Posts: 1461
i want green and orange!maybe some deep pink! orange gerberas and huge folded deep green leaves round the outside
Bejewelled Wife Posts: 2190
I'm going for different pinks and purples. Go for want you want. The two colours will look great.