Two Godmothers?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

PSF Posts: 157
Hi girls, I really can't decide between my sis and best friend for godmother for my baby. Thought I would ask them both. Has anyone else ever done this? I'm godmother to my best friend's baby so I hope she won't be offended that I don't ask her by herself. Also my sis would be devastated if I don't ask her. She was my maid of honour. Would love some opinions. :wv
Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
I was in the same dilemma with my 2 bestfriends so what I did was explain to them both that I couldnt chose between them and in front of them put both their names in a hat and let one of my other friends pick one out, that way I wasnt to blame for anything :o0 :o0 :o0 , Personally I wouldnt have two Godmothers but each to their own :wv
bubs2012 Posts: 521
Dont see anything wrong with 2 godmothers, I am godmother to my niece and so is my sisters, sister in law if that makes sense. My sister basically said her shop was closed and she wasn't having any more kids so this made sense to include everyone. On the plus side I wish I had 2 godmothers cause it would mean more presents :o0 :o0 :o0
lcarrick Posts: 1639
i've kinda thought about this, i have two sisters and they're killing each other over this!!! its mental. this will be the first baby on every side possible in the family so everyone is just really excited!! keep telling them i'm gonna flip a coin! :o0
Duffers Posts: 1841
We actually wanted to do 2 Godfathers (neither of us have sisters) but in the end didnt but may in the future. A friend of mine chose 2 Godmothers for her DD. It makes absolute perfect sense if both of those 2 people are the 2 people you would choose to help guide your lo in life and help care for him/her if anything happened you or your DH (touch wood) Best of luck in your decision, do what feels right not what anybody else tells you. :lvs
Augustmum Posts: 686
Myself & my friend are godmother's to our best friends DD! Hope that makes sense! :o0 I think it's nice to have two sets of godparents as other poster said more presents! :yelrotflmaosmilie: Joke! Had a christening a few months ago where there was 5 godfathers and 3 godmothers!!!!! :eek :eek :eek Thats a bit much imo
DaisyB Posts: 1708
Hi my DS has two godmothers my best friend, and DH's sister, my Dh has no brothers and all his friends would already have loads of nieces, nephews etc.. so he didnt wanna just pick one of them for the sake of it, so we just had the 2 girls no godfathers. The priest didnt bat an eyelid when we told him he just wanted the ''godparents'' names and it can be whoever YOUS want!
stickwoman Posts: 2394
I have one sis and h2b has one, so there would be bloody MURDER if we chose one over the other... so we've discussed having both of them. I would hate having to choose, so it seems like the best option.
rop Posts: 1453
we chose 2 godfathers for DD, dont see what the issue is - your picking people that you want to support your baby in life - gender is irrelevant no??
Rubyrose Posts: 5522
I along with another womon are both godmothers to my nephew (my brothers son) there was no godfathers. No one batted an eyelid