U want2 find out baby's sex?? - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
i would defo want to find out what it was h2b wouldnt but i convinced him to hee hee
Ducky Posts: 2506
I don't want to know girls...I feel it's one of the last big lovely surprises in life and certainly for the first, I won't find out. DH would love to know but he already has two so maybe that's why. He's not getting his way though heeeheee
summer days Posts: 112
with ducky on this one.. don't want to know if it is a girl or a boy either.. Have only a couple of more weeks to go and all will be revealed. Hubby doesn't want to know either so no dilema there!! Have a great weekend everyone.. I love Fridays!! :action28
Port Princess Posts: 1154
Ah girls, when I was preg with DS1 I found out he was a boy and i have to say I really enjoyed knowing what I was having I felt the bond was closer because of this. On DS2 I didn't find out though not through lack of trying at every scan he was sitting in an awkward position so couldn't see clearly enough to tell if he was a he or a she anyway he was a he. I've 2 gorgeous little boys! And if I'm ever preg again I'll be doing my best to find out what it is!!
Sparklymum Posts: 1563
Well I'm in my 28th week, have had loads of scans, we talked about it on our way to the 20th week scan and decided not to ask. As for bonding, we never call the baby "it". So far we've picked a girls name and haven't settled for a boys so when we're alone and talking to "The Bump" as our future son/daughter is known as in public, we call it by the girls name we've picked and "The Boy with no name".... Sign of the times though girls, 11 years ago when my DD was born I got loads of yellow/green/orange/cream babygros in newborn sizes, now I can only find nice ones in blue or pink or really plain white ones, very disappointed in the baby shopping so far. I have one nice cream and orangey coloured one and thats it the rest are white. This baby will be our christmas surprise and I can honestly say don't think it would matter if I knew or not at this stage, I couldn't be more in love with The Bump and excited at the thoughts of meeting him/her.
grumpy Posts: 1280
[quote:14jlu4k6]Sign of the times though girls, 11 years ago when my DD was born I got loads of yellow/green/orange/cream babygros in newborn sizes, now I can only find nice ones in blue or pink or really plain white ones, very disappointed in the baby shopping so far. I have one nice cream and orangey coloured one and thats it the rest are white.[/quote:14jlu4k6] Tell me about it. Got the newborn stuff in M&S, went into Arnotts today, and the stuff there pretty much looks the same O:|. Partly for that reason, I would love to find out, so I can get lots of lovely little outfits, or at least have a bigger choice! Also, I'm pretty convinced its a boy, and I'm honestly afraid of the reaction I'd have if I was told "its a girl!". We can't decide on a girls name, and I think I'd be disgusted and pretty sure they'd made a mistake. I felt like that on dd - was convinced she was a girl, and thankfully she did turn out to be a female! But its making me pretty certain that I'm right about this one being a boy.
jellybaby Posts: 2316
We asked at our 20 week scan, and was told "I'm not 100% sure, but think it's a girl". I was actually really p*ssed off after it, because I desperately wanted to know!! We wouldn't have minded either way, but it was lovely to start saying "she" instead of saying "he/she" in conversations, or "it". Had the 3d scan and saw for ourselves, that she is indeed, a little girl. I know that you will bond with your baby whether you know or not, but for us, it's been really special to be able to talk to "our daughter" rather than "our child" (if that makes sense). I know your DH doesn't want to know the sex, but my DH has had conversations with my bump, saying hi to his "daddy's girl" as he's been calling her (brings a tear to my eye to hear him chatting away to her :compress) I don't feel it would take from the surprise, or the joy of the baby's arrival to know - but of course everyone is going to feel differently. It's been great to be able to buy a couple of pink thinks (although we haven't gone overboard, just in case....) and to just be prepared in general for our little girl. Best of luck whatever you decide :lvs
Tedsters Posts: 1688
This issue seems to be very much a personal thing and there seems to be no right or wrong answers. I suppose the main thing is that we have a choice whether for practical, superstitious or other reasons, but the stork always knows!! :stork:
bree Posts: 1880
well have decided am definitly going 2find out..roll on Nov 23rd for 3D scan!!! ps:jellybaby, why did u call yourself jellybaby!!!!!!! now i really want some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
billygate Posts: 952
I did !! Just got used to the idea of having my boy