Udo's Oil good to take while pregnant?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lelle Posts: 172
Hi Girls Just wondering if any of you girls are taking any other supplements while pregnant. I am 10 weeks and am just taking folic acid. I heard that Udo's Oil is really good to take? Any adive??? :eek
Idina Posts: 1289
Avoid anythign with Vit A. I'd say Udo's oil has this. If you want to take an oil pregnacare do an omega oil supplement that is safe for pregnant ladies! Or just eat oily fish!
Florrie06 Posts: 316
I was advised not to take this or my usual Omega 3 supplement. I was told to switch to a brand called Mor-DHA - there is one with a yellow band on the box especially for pregnant and breastfeeding mothers. There is no vitamin A or mercury in it and you can get it in boots (Although a good bit more expensive than my usual brand)
MotherNature Posts: 317
[quote="thistle":3gohrlg7]Avoid anythign with Vit A. [b:3gohrlg7]I'd say[/b:3gohrlg7] Udo's oil has this. [/quote:3gohrlg7] Wrong. Udo's Oil has no vitamin A. A very quick search on the internet would have told you this. Udo's oil is good in that it provides omega 3, 6 and 9. I used it throughout my pregnancy. Some blurb online says: [quote:3gohrlg7]Udo's Oil is suitable and indeed highly recommended during pregnancy. The growing baby and mother need Omega 3 fatty acids in order to grow. Udo's Oil supplies the ideal ratio of these essential fatty acids. Continue to take Udo's Oil during breast feeding to give your baby the best nutrition. Can be added to baby food as of 6 months of age (Give 1 teaspoon oil/day per stone in weight.). [/quote:3gohrlg7]
Mentos Posts: 155
I have been taking udo's choice with almost a year now. Doctor advised me not to take it during pregnancy. I am seeing her again week after next so, will ask again. I'm taking folic acid and 2 Beeline calcium+vitamin D tabs every day. Mentos
[quote="MotherNature":xir8e8m1] Wrong. Udo's Oil has no vitamin A. A very quick search on the internet would have told you this. Udo's oil is good in that it provides omega 3, 6 and 9. I used it throughout my pregnancy. [/quote:xir8e8m1] Wow! I never said it was Gospel-excuse me for not having the time to search the internet for someone else-I was only trying to help.
MotherNature Posts: 317
[quote="thistle":n6zu7e8r] Wow! I never said it was Gospel-excuse me for not having the time to search the internet for someone else-I was only trying to help.[/quote:n6zu7e8r] In fairness though, what use is information if it's incorrect? Even if you intended it to be of help you gave advice that was wrong and you knew nothing about. I'm not getting a dig at you, honestly, but can't you see where I'm coming from? If you don't know the answer you shouldn't take a guess at it and post what you think it might be. Especially in relation to pregnancy health issues.