Ultimate Girls Day Out in the RDS

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

DillieDallie Posts: 423
Hi Ladies Is anybody going to this this weekend, or has anybody been to it before? Is it supposed to be any good? City deal are offering 2 tickets for 20 euro today.... :wv
lux Posts: 6270
If its anything like Xpose live steer well clear! Me and my sister brought our mum to the last one as a treat and it was such a waste of money! Designer boutiques and free treatments my eye, there was a hard sell on knock off perfume, two for three makeup and cheap handbags. I think a lot of these shows are the same, only the name over the door of the RDS changes!
tilsun Posts: 4506
I went last year with friends and it was rubbish. Really wished we'd saved our money and just gone down Grafton st. Had to queue an hour for a manicure. Not enough clothes/shoe sizes at stands. Horrible food. pushy crowds. And you pay for parking. Sorry I'm ranting but its still bugs me that it was such a rubbish day, as it was really hyped up and we'd all arranged to be free for a girly day
SunnyK Posts: 3834
When I saw the 2 tickets for 20 quid I was gonna give it a go but not after those reviews!
Twinkle toe Posts: 1025
Gosh I was going to go too but not now - thanks for the heads up girls :thnk
BipsyBoo Posts: 1534
Yep, awful
nepifer Posts: 278
I was there last year and coming back this year, went in the morning and made my appointments for make up and the shellac manicure, walked around while I waited, so it wasn't bad, it is entertaining. Really liked it. Enjoyed the offers and the catwalk was cool too! :o0 This year we are hoping to do the same plus hair so we are ready for the night! We get the 2 people for €20 euros instead of €20 each.
Mrs W Posts: 2923
Aww do go, my company have a stand there.... Every year they give out about all the hassle and work but then next time they agree again and I have to do all the organising!!! If no one goes, they'll give out and I'll have to listen to it!!! I actually think u should all go just for me.....