Underarm Body Odor

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jakers Posts: 17
Hi all, I'm nearly 7 weeks pregnant and I've been noticing that I've an increased underarm body odor :-8 . Just wondering if anyone has experienced this and if there are any remedies/products that could calm it down a bit! I shower everyday and use deodrant - just in case anyone was wondering :o0 jakers
curliwurli Posts: 3369
i found this too and i was using dove spray deodorant - when i switched to an underarm stick one it seemed to work much better.
LoveLife123 Posts: 2138
Hey, I was/am the same - not all the time but sometimes I think I'm a real sweaty betty when I never was before I'm not sure if its (a) increased hormones causing increased sweat (but I don't have sweat patches or anything) or (b) our sense of smell dramatically increases in pregnancy and so we are just more sensitive to the smell I think it could be a combination of both. I wouldn't worry too much about it - just give yourself a squirt of deodrant any time you notice it - I find Sanex very good.
Happymammy2010 Posts: 837
Hi there, I noticed this too and I started to use Mitchum spray and roll on deodrant and I found it really works, its a bit more expensive than other deodrants but I find that you dont need to use it as often so it justifies the price! HTH Boots stock this brand if your looking to buy it!