Underlying medical condition swell as being pregnant ?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jen2 Posts: 3106
Hi, just wondering do any of you guys have any underlying medical conditions, and how are you finding being pregnant. I have MS ( not morning sickness), and have been relapsing the last week or so. Just waiting to see if I'm going into hospital, or if the can even give me steroids while pregnant. This is my 4th pregnancy, but I have never relapsed during pregnancy, only after... Just wondering is anyone in the same boat regards health!!! Thanks
Lady Penelope Posts: 2019
Haven't any experience of it but just wanted to say hope all is okay and they can do something for you.
Thanks lady P. Will post later on June thread, but would end up ranting. Guess all DH worries are coming true!! :duh:
Happymammy2010 Posts: 837
Im not in the same boat as you but I have kidney problems since I was a child and it caused me so many problems in my last pregnancy and I have had a few problems this pregnancy. I have a kidney infection at the moment and they have said I will be hospitalised if it doesnt clear up in the next couple of days, I was in hospital for a good lot of my 3rd trimester last time but I didnt have a toddler at home to worry about then. I hope that you will be ok and that you wont have to go to hospital, its such a worrying time. To be honest Im finding pregnancy so hard this time and feel like I am constantly sick so your not alone.
Oh happymammy you poor thing. Had kidney problems on my third, and like u spent so much of the pregnancy in hospital. Think it was 9 wks in total and 2 operations. I was worried that I might have kidney problems this time, but so far they are great, did not reckon on my ms acting up during the pregnancy... I really hope that they can get ur kidney infection under control. It really is not pleasant. Your right, it will be different for u this time, as u already have a baby at home. Thanks girls for reply.
Jeidi Posts: 3128
Hi Jen, Yes I have rheumatoid arthritis and unlike the VAST majority of lucky people, I have not gone into remission and am suffering on in pain! Hope you're ok, and that your husband is supportive. :thnk
Ah jeidi, so sorry to hear that. You are so lucky not to of gone into remission during your pregnancy. I am right on thinking that is very unusual. Poor thing. It's horrible to be in pain like that. Was talking to hospital today. They are not going to do anything, unless the symptoms get worse. Even then they would not want to go down the Steroid route. I only have sensory loss at the moment from waist down, and temp paralysis in my left foot( toes). So not too bad. Are they doing anything for the pain?
Jeidi Posts: 3128
Nah they are all afraid to come within 10 foot of me coz I had a rough start to this pregnancy - tear in the placenta caused lots of bleeding etc and apprantly steroids can cause some bleeding, so no one wants to take the chance. I dont mind to be honest. I waited long enough to get my BFP (had to be off meds for 6 months before TTC) so I can grin and bear the pain. Today my knee actually feels like its broken its so painful, but it'll be gone in a day or two. When you sensory loss, do you mean you literally cant feel anything?
Jeidi sorry meant to say ur so unlucky. With regarding sensory loss, basically it means I can't feel much from my waist down. I can feel abit, but not alot. It's like when your hands are so cold, that the feel numb... But I feel spongey too. That probably makes no sense. I could not tell if things were hot or cold. Anyway hopefully it will only be for a few weeks, and won't get worse. At the moment if I was due to give birth now I would not need any pain relief... :o0 Hope the pain in your knee eases soon. I have shooting pain in left foot, up leg and up inside me, but only at night when I'm going asleep. But it's gone in morning. Must be terrible to have it on and off at a constant. :thnk