underwired bras

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

noon Posts: 229
Girls, I'm ten weeks now and was just wondering is it really bad to wear underwired bras throughout pregnancy? If so at what stage should you stop wearing them. I have a big chest already and I am dreading wearing non underwired bras - could I continue to wear them? Thanks N :thnk
breeze Posts: 1175
i still wear mine. Im not going out to buy any mat bras - i have just bought a few sizes bigger. i love my underwire bras, there is no rule saying you have to stop wearing them. I think some one said they can effect you milk flow towards the end not sure.
MrsNoc05 Posts: 1823
I never intended breast feeding and I wore underwired bras throughout my pregnancy just in the right size for me at different times as I grew ifykwim Edited to say I never bought maternity bras just ordinary ones in the right size
Desert-Moon Posts: 1174
I think the jury is still out on this one. There was a thread here a while back saying basically its a no no, but I can't be without my underwired bras!!!! I just bought bigger! Plus maternity bras cost a bomb! Having said that I did buy one, and it was sooooo comfy, but absolutely shapeless!
brideeee Posts: 1490
I just went up a size and by the looks of things will have to go again soon. I don't think i want to buy maternity bras. I like my underwires and someone will have to prize them from my deathlike-claw-girp to get them from me :o0 x brideeee
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
I got measured in M*S at weekend for new bras. I always wear underwire but first thing she said to me was no underwire. I got two non underwire bras and they were 18euro each. Have to say they are very comfy and I feel so much better in them than I did my underwire bras. I bought a new underwire one also as she said it's ok to wear if your off out but not to wear monday to friday. I am going to stay away from them cos last thing I was is saggy boobs. DH has been calling me perky boobs since I got new bras.
Sleep Monster Posts: 2829
Haven't stoppped wearing them either, although I really need to get to M&S to get measured for a bigger size! I think the most important thing is that what ever you wear, it fits well. If it's too tight and digging into you, you can see how it could affect milk duct formation, etc.