Underwired bras

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mammybean Posts: 10364
is it just if you intend o breast feeding that you shouldnt be wearing UW bras? or should i not be wearing them anyway?
Sphynx Posts: 6795
No you shouldn't be wearing them at all beanies - they're not good when your boobies are expanding at the rate ours are! I didn't realize until about week 16 and I don't know myself now that I'm no longer in the underwired - I got one v. comfy maternity bra without underwire and one with a soft type of underwire. You can get them in Mothercare or in larger department stores - might be worth getting a proper fitting done - I went up from a 36B to a 38D and I'd say I'll have gone up again before the end. Going to get fitted for a nursing bra then in week 37 because apparently your boobs can get ginormous in the last couple of weeks! :eek
Topolino Posts: 1659
Well, there's something else I never knew. All my bras are underwired. Genie mac, how do other women survive without WOL? Where do you get all this info. in the first place by the way? I can't wait to get those recommended books - hopefully I'll become an expert after reading them and be able to answer everybody's queries...
mammybean Posts: 10364
i do not even own a bra that isnt under wired. will have to get myself sorted. i have gone up 1 cup size id say. so there is more to come then?
littledolly Posts: 393
My boobs haven't grown at all yet! I'm pretty small anyway (A or B cup), but had hoped to go up even one size!! I got told off by the woman in M&S for wearing underwired recently, but got really annoyed as I would look like I have nothing without a wire! I asked the midwife about it, and she said that, as long as they fitted well and weren't digging into me, then I was fine wearing them. She advised to get at least one non-wire one for afterwards, as the wire might hurt. I think this is one of these pregnancy topics that nobody can give you a straight answer on! I know lots of friends who wore wired bras all through pregnancy, and breast fed perfectly successfully, so I'm not going to get too hung up on it (even though I don't think I'm going to breast feed myself).