Uneven Bridal Party?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

wifeyttc Posts: 2507
Heya Girls, This is prob a silly question but dont know what to do :-8 At the moment my bridal party is uneven, i am having 2 Bm and H2B is having a bestman and 2 GM.Do i need to ask another BM to even out the bridal party.Would it look weird at the top table with 5 on his side and 4 on mine including parents?Has any other B2B have this.Just wondering weather or not to ask another BM i was quite happy with my 2 but mam thinks its a bit weird.... Thanks :thnk
buddylove Posts: 3288
oh id love to know an answer to this.. I only want 2 Bms and H2b said he was happy with that... UNTIL we went out friday night and i heard him say after a few beers to one of his good friends that he hoped "he was ready for the day in the suit with him at the altar!" I was shocked but now i feel bad as this guy is a good friend of his. Would love to do it as in 3 GM and 2 BM as well but dont want it to look weird and dont want the GM to feel like fools.
minniem Posts: 79
hi, I'm the same as you - i've 2 bm & my h2b has a bestman & 2 groomsmen. I have 2 sisters and only wanted them as bridesmaids so decided not to pick someone else just for the sake of it. Unless you actually want a 3rd bm I'd just leave it as it is. I doubt anyone else will even notice that the top table is uneven - think its just us brides who think of little things like that.
minniem Posts: 79
[quote="dollbride":2uja043g]oh id love to know an answer to this.. I only want 2 Bms and H2b said he was happy with that... UNTIL we went out friday night and i heard him say after a few beers to one of his good friends that he hoped "he was ready for the day in the suit with him at the altar!" [/quote:2uja043g] Thats exactly what happened to me! He was only having his 2 brothers until a night out with friends!!
GirlFriday Posts: 1815
I'd rather have an uneven number on either side than include/exclude people on the basis of symmetry. I have 2 bms and H2B will have either 2 or 3 attendants, either way I don't mind. Don't feel under pressure to conform, I was at a wedding last year with 5 groomsmen and 2 bridesmaids! :wv
wifeyttc Posts: 2507
[quote="GirlFriday":2zqsdebx]I'd rather have an uneven number on either side than include/exclude people on the basis of symmetry. I have 2 bms and H2B will have either 2 or 3 attendants, either way I don't mind. Don't feel under pressure to conform, I was at a wedding last year with 5 groomsmen and 2 bridesmaids! :wv[/quote:2zqsdebx] That makes me feel better!god 5 GM and 2 BM thats a big diffence.yea i am quite happy with my 2 and as you said i dont really want to just ask someone for the sake of numbers thanks for the replys :thnk
JustBecause Posts: 3242
[quote="GirlFriday":1j58kbef]I'd rather have an uneven number on either side than include/exclude people on the basis of symmetry. I have 2 bms and H2B will have either 2 or 3 attendants, either way I don't mind. Don't feel under pressure to conform, I was at a wedding last year with 5 groomsmen and 2 bridesmaids! :wv[/quote:1j58kbef] +1 I think if you don't have a natural option for an extra bridesmaid then I think it's absolutley fine. We were thinking of having odd numbers but it would have meant having 1 sister as a BM and not the other and she really wanted to be a bridesmaid so now we're even. If I hadn't had a spare sister( ;o) ) I wouldn't have picked some-one just for the sake of it He has another good friend not in the bridal party and I keep suggesting he makes him an usher but he is worried the numbers will get out of hand.
Topsecretbride Posts: 147
[quote:1j7k27j5]GirlFriday wrote: I'd rather have an uneven number on either side than include/exclude people on the basis of symmetry.[/quote:1j7k27j5] Totally agree with this. Im having two bridesmaids and himself is having three groomsmen/attendents (not sure what you call them) and I couldnt care less about it being uneven. My mother is having a mini fit about it but to be honest Im not going to have someone for the sake of it. Im happy with my 2 ladies !
GirlFriday Posts: 1815
Just wanted to add - bridesmaids can be an absolute nightmare, if you ask someone just to make up the numbers they could cause you much more hassle than they're worth :o0
buddylove Posts: 3288
thats totally what i felt too. Sure it should be our business and i think if its important to a person to have his best friends with him at the altar then they should have that and feck the numbers...