Uneven Wedding Party

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Shelly321 Posts: 96
So the other half has decided he wants 3 groomsmen while I only have two bridesmaids. Not sure what to do as I'm worried it'll look really uneven in photos. Should I pick a third bridesmaid? I didn't really want to do this as I was happy with it just being my sisters or should I just leave him with three and keep it uneven... Thoughts?
Fireroses Posts: 21
Personally I don't think that kind of thing matters at all! I am having 3 bridesmaids and he's just having a bestman and groomsman.
CasualBride Posts: 574
I wouldn't see a problem with this - who cares really, just have someone on standby to go out for the first dance with the extra man in the party. As for the photos - I'm sure your photographer will be able to work around it, there's no rule stating that you have to have everyone in couples, people can just be grouped around whatever way suits!! I don't think it matters at all!
Mrs-C-to-be Posts: 71
I agree with other posters - it really doesn't matter and I wouldn't ask someone just for the sake of it. I think we only had about 3 photos of the group as a whole... we went more with the natural shots of the day (with just a few 'formal' ones)
audsblonde Posts: 58
I wouldnt worry about this at all. Im having 2 bridesmaids and my H2B is having 3 groomsmen and a bestman. Im not at all into the matchy matchy. I wouldnt have another bridesmaid if you dont want one, just have 2 groomsmen walk 1 bridesmaid down the aisle.
CalGill Posts: 63
I wouldn't worry about this at all either! I have 2 BM's and my other half has a best man and 3 groomsmen! We're just making the best of it! The BM;s have decided they're having a guy on each arm! LOL We're both fine with it! Just go with the flow! :)
g_smith Posts: 31
I had the same worries when deciding on bridal party but who cares? As long as you are happy and have the people involved that you want involved then it doesn't matter. Don't go asking people to be part of your wedding for numbers. I'm having 5 bridesmaids (I have three sisters) and my H2B is only have three groomsmen.
notthebride Posts: 172
We have the best man (grooms son). My son is walking me up the aisle and will then become a groomsman and I have 3 bridesmaids! No bother :thnk
Tashab77 Posts: 129
We had 5 Bridesmaids and 3 Groomsmen and it all worked out fine! I had 2 BM walk with each other down the aisle, for the reception two of the GM took 2 BM each, 2 BM had their boyfriends dance with them for the first dance and our photographer just mixed them into groups for the photos. Have who you want on the day, there's no point in picking others for the sake of it!