Menu

unexpected honeymoon baby...............need advice

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

tanksnews Posts: 175
3months married, we were'nt really trying. anyway period was about a week late, so decided to do one this morning, digital clear blue one that tell you when you concieved. 3mnth + its said!!!!! arrrggghhhhhh. Am now doubting it but left it at home, cant double check if it was maybe 3wks. am in wk busiest day of the year , work in a shop. head is all over the place. am seriously worried, have been drinking, haphazdly taking my clonfolic, an seriously trying to rack my brain to think of any meds I might have taken I shouldnt have. Ive defo eaten unpasturised cheese, shell fish, suddenly in recent times took a liking to coffee. help! also only took the test cos I was about a week late for my what I thought was my first missed period. Ive had two periods, which were surprisingly regular & they are always late. could I really be that far gone? typical xmas eve, cant get to doctor till 31st . how am I going to get thru the xmas
petersgirl Posts: 1568
Hey there, Just wanted to say try not to worry about your lifelstyle over the past couple of months, I'm sure it happens to a lot of girls and they have perfectly healthy babies. My friend was the same, she wasn't really trying, but wasn't taking precautions either, so was just doing the usually eaeting and drinking. She has the most healthy big baby girl now, so gorgeous. I have no idea about the timings etc. just wanted to say Congrats and what a nice christmas present for you and your husband :wv Hope you're ok in work today, try not to get too stressed. :xxx
thanks, would be a lovely present if I wasnt so freaked out by the thoughts of being 3 months gone. you know you have in your head that you'll have 9 months to plan. Am so confused by my timings, have bought another test going to try that soon. kind of annoyed with myself also cos had the clonfolic but was just useless at taking it. hubbie will get a wee bit of a shock when I tell him this evening. We thought it would take longer. Like only came off the pill 6months ago & have had friends that tried for ages. cant concentrate at all today
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
Can you try to get to a chemist today and get another test? Try to go on your lunch break or something?
work in a chemist, have bought numerous test on the sly before anyone else got in, did a normal test not a digital one. that was postive. had only one digital test left so both that, but dont need to pee yet! dont mind the pregancy but its the thoughts of being 3 months gone. and am sooooo worried about the alcohol thing, if only was a few weeks gone wouldnt have minded too much, but 3 months like 12 weeks! arrgh. did a test in mid nov which was negative cos thought I was a day or two late & we were going away , but was negative & then I got what I thought was a period. any chance the test might be wrong about the time. going to drink lots of water so need to pee soon.
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
wait till the morning and then do the digital. I'd say its 3 weeks pregnant cause I dont think that the digital ones go as far as 3 months- although I may be wrong. Try not to worry. As another poster said its happenend to many people and they have had perfect babies. Congrats. :stork:
thanks columbo30 I had a good look at the digital test & it all refers to wks as opposed to months. still kind of suspected that I might be preggers cos Id put on a bit of weight recently even though am generally healthy & excerise. actually put it down to the xmas alcohol OH the shame!
LynnieMac Posts: 29
The EXACT same thing happened to me when I discovered I was pregnant. But I looked up their website to check and it's 3 weeks plus, not 3 months. So you can put your mind at ease and start to celebrate your good news! Congratulations, what a lovely Christmas present for you both!
thanks girls, your comments put my mind at rest a little & managed to get thru the rest of the day in work. Anyway raced home pulled the stick out of the bin, yes 3+ so means I conceived over 5 weeks ago, less then my original 3 months. appointment for the doctor on Jan 4th now. & just have to survive the xmas season.................. will have to feign a sickness but thats been tried & tested by friends & always fails. Plus we've a wedding on new years eve... DREADING
petersgirl Posts: 1568
Hey, so glad you're feelin a little better. I recently discovered non alcholic beer :o0 great for when you're the designated driver. But you could check if the venue serve that. Also you can always have a coke and pretend there's vodka in it :o0 Have a lovely christmas, I'm sure your OH will be over the moon with the news on Christmas Eve awwwwh