Unlucky to buy baby stuff too early?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

loulou1 Posts: 233
Just wondering how soon before babes arrives will people be buying their buggy, cot and stuff. Im kinda feeling it bad luck to buy too early, but sure some stuff will have to be bought before babes comes along......
Bonnie Parker Posts: 2670
I'm not really superstitious, or really one to think in terms of what's lucky/unlucky. That said I personally think that it's nice too do a lot of research in the first half of the pregnancy and a lot of the buying in the second half/third trimester. I have started to buy the larger items and I am nearly 7 months. However I will leave them in the shop for the moment. But I do have a few items I picked up at home.
Daff Posts: 11644
I'm not superstitious at all. Bought travel system at 6 weeks cause it was on a great sale and knew which I wanted :-8 had everything done and bought by 28 weeks. This time I'm 37 weeks and only finished stuff off this week but think that's cause had most anyway abs also didn't want the time to drag after it was all done.
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
[quote="lovemybaby":1d18l1pu]I'm not superstitious at all. Bought travel system at 6 weeks cause it was on a great sale and knew which I wanted :-8 had everything done and bought by 28 weeks. This time I'm 37 weeks and only finished stuff off this week but think that's cause had most anyway abs also didn't want the time to drag after it was all done.[/quote:1d18l1pu] I was similar. I was very sick at the start and spent a lot of time stuck at home so got a lot of research done. We then bought things as we saw them on sale. Like above I think we had everything done (including the nursery) by 25 weeks.
Daisy Row Posts: 3650
We started buying some big things at about 26 weeks as it was January and there was good sales.
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
i think we will start looking at things in shops before the time and put deposits down. i think alot of places deliver then when you tell them baba born. i know lots of ppl who order stuff and then get it delivered after birth. but i think most ppl have nursery nearly done by time baby gets here. but baby doesnt go into nursery for a good few months. i think its up to individual. i got lots of stuff from my sister back home (am in UK) when i was 9 weeks and brought it here. not quite so sure if i would have bought it though, for me that is different!! i am getting the pram new so not sure when to get that. i will porb wait till oct or nov. am due in jan.
Mismatch Posts: 476
I've started to gather a few bits & pieces together the last couple of weeks. I waited until the 20 week scan before I started though just to make sure everything was ok My pram was delivered yesterday, so delighted with that. I'm just afraid that closer to the time I'll be too tired to go looking at stuff as I'm already starting to feel that I have slowed down a lot. Again its a personal choice & you should do what you feel is right. Good luck