Menu

Unsure....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Snugglebug Posts: 10
Hi, I am 39 weeks pregnant, due on 24th May. Just have a quick question about semi private in Holles Street...I am due in there tomorrow to see a consultant, i had an emergency section on my son 5 years ago at 42 weeks while under public care, my baby's head isn't engaged yet and I was just wondering if anyone one has had a similar experience, just don't know what to expect tomorrow and really don't want to be left to go 2 weeks over again!! Don't know what way it works under sp...can I request section/induction if I don't go by my due date?? Thanks :wv
Jeidi Posts: 3128
Didnt want to read and not reply, but as far as I know, on your second or subsequent baby, the head probably wont engage until you actually go into labour. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I am almost sure of that! Either way best of luck! Bet you cant wait to meet your little babs!
theoracle Posts: 7664
Hi there. Regarding your baby's head not being engaged, I would not dwell on that, as different to the first pregnancy, on the second pregancy baby's head usually does not engage until the labour starts. Regardless of the type of cover, an elective c-section is usually decided on medical merits ie weighing up the pros and cons, risk assocaited with your personal situation/medical history and very rarely will an elective section be approved solely on the wishes of the patient. It also depends on the consultant, their approach differs, so you need to have a good chat with him tomorrow and air your concerns to him, it would normally be the same regarding induction. Regarding induction, I would not go for it too early as they force your body into labour and intervention is more likely. If you are worried about attempting VBAC, there is a lot of good old threads here that can give you another perspective if you do a search. Good luck!
Jeidi Posts: 3128
So I was right then :o0
Snugglebug Posts: 10
Thanks, was a bit worried about the head not bein engaged I thought it should be well down by now :-8 I said for the whole pregnancy a wanted a vbac so I'm not worried about that just getting a bit fed up at the moment with no signs of going at all, not even a slight pressure pain!!! Really can't wait to meet my baby and the thought of having to wait an extra 2 weeks is killing me!!! Suppose I should stop fretting and wait n see what the consultant says tomorrow. Thanks again :)
theoracle Posts: 7664
Usually the experience on no 2 is a completely different one. You would not have the pressure feeling due to the head not being engaged. I was 2cm dilated on dd2 and dd3 for days without ever noticing it! So things could be slowly happening in the background without you even knowing. *)
Snugglebug Posts: 10
Oh I didn't know that could happen...I'd love if somethin like that happened to me :)
theoracle Posts: 7664
You never know. On dd2 I went in for my ante-natal, had an internal and was told that baby was coming that night, I hadn't a notion!...and so she did, 7 hours later!
1