Unusual first dance song choices?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

chicabride Posts: 453
Did anyone have an unusual first dance song? Myself and Df are together sine we were teenagers and that was in the 90's. We love 90's rn'b which wouldnt be your traditional first dance song choice..or maybe it would... Toni braxton, Boyz II Men etc. What unusual first dance song did you have?
Sooexcited2011 Posts: 114
We're having a song by Ian brown, called Sweet Fantastic, the only thing is no one will know it, unless you like Ian brown. We both love him and were both fans before we even met and on one of our first dates my FH had that song playing in his car and me being the big soppy girl that I am thought to myself... This is going to be our first dance song, of course I didn't tell him that as I didn't want to scare the be-jaysus out of him... 8 years later and it's still our song, he knows now though!
errigal08 Posts: 1302
we are going to have the charlie and the chocolate factory pure imagination/the frames star star for ours :lvs
bigjt11 Posts: 170
We are having the first day of my life by Brighteyes... we are the same no one will know it! Dancing to it is on the list of things to do this week!
50sbride Posts: 29
were going for 80s music for sure...the baywatch theme or a good heart by fergal sharkey, the hubby to be cant dance ;) so were gona go with something thats cheesey and that will get a laugh....hopefully....other choices were bryan adams, dreams....has a great guitar solo in there, journey....dont stop believin and a great 80s tune nothings gona stop us now by starship....even if you wernt born in the 80s its still a cool choice and a crowd pleaser
platinumbride Posts: 751
[quote="bigjt11":21fypsdc]We are having the first day of my life by Brighteyes... we are the same no one will know it! Dancing to it is on the list of things to do this week![/quote:21fypsdc] :heartbeat: This is our song. My H2b (boyfriend at the time) sent me the Bright Eyes album for my 21st bday while i was australia for 10 months without him. Cried my eyes out so knew i was in love then! We'd only been together for 2 weeks when i left so we didnt know what would happen when i left. but we stayed together and this song always reminds us of falling in love thousands of miles apart :lvs love this song so much. we're going to have it in the ceremony.
mysteriousmise Posts: 1783
We chose an 80's big hair heavy rock song! It was a great laugh. I would have been mortified dancing to some big romantic cheesy ballad. Suits lots of people, but not me. I haven't a romantic bone in my body....
babydust2012 Posts: 4736
We chose Neyo, Stop this world from Spinning. It didn't go down too well with the guests as its not a well known song (its a song off his ablum not even released!!!) but the words are beautiful and we love the song as a couple and once he played it at his concert in the Marquee the decision was made for us!!! No regrets either
Sassypants Posts: 4461
We had Baby I love you by the Ramones. It was great cos it wasnt smoochy and soft and slushy and we had a bit of craic with it. [quote="errigal08":hefu21uf]we are going to have the charlie and the chocolate factory pure imagination/the frames star star for ours :lvs[/quote:hefu21uf] Fantastic choice!!! I absolutely love that version of Star Star. Well done and great song choice.
skitchums Posts: 1283
[quote="errigal08":3itzyba7]we are going to have the charlie and the chocolate factory pure imagination/the frames star star for ours :lvs[/quote:3itzyba7] Good choice! We thought about pure imagination too! I'm a Frames fan , h2b not so much so Star star would be out. We've chosen Blur -To thd End :heartbeat: