Unwanted Leaflets In The Door

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

LadyV Posts: 263
Ladies, just sick of getting unwanted leaflets promoting different things, continuously coming in the door, about 5 a day at this stage. Anyone know how to stop getting them, is there a sticker or anything one can get???
Genegirl Posts: 2110
I put a notice on just above the letterbox after being inundated all week.... NO JUNKMAIL and NO SALES CALLS!!! i think its getting to everyone at this stage! My neighbours are following suit.
Leftbank Posts: 2395
Good idea genie girl, its crazy amount of rubbish fliers!!!
Mamaboom Posts: 2094
I'm sick of them too, I was contemplating sitting inside the door and shoving the stuff back out through the letterbox but they'd probably dump it in my garden then!
Kaycee Posts: 2107
isnt there a law against it, should be.waste of paper also!
Mrs W Posts: 2923
Ha! i have a "No Junk Mail" sign on my door and it doesnt make 1 bit of difference, i think its cos they dont think their crap is junk?
chocbiscuitcake Posts: 658
I find a sticker makes a small bit of a difference but not a lot. I hate leaflets too. One week my OH was on an unusually early start and would be getting his breakfast when the guys would be coming around stuffing them in (in our place, it's at about 5.00 a.m.) and each day that week when he heard their van or found stuff in the door he would take the junk mail out and go and hand it back to them and ask for no more. Every morning for five mornings. All done very politely and with a smile but since then we've seen a noticeable reduction in the amount we get. So that's at least one delivery company we've managed to get rid of. Could be worth a try but obviously no guarantees. I hate HATE junk mail.
Peety Posts: 1588
[quote="Genegirl":304sv87c]I put a notice on just above the letterbox after being inundated all week.... NO JUNKMAIL and NO SALES CALLS!!! i think its getting to everyone at this stage! My neighbours are following suit.[/quote:304sv87c] I like this notice! Our green bin goes out every week.....if it wasn't for all the bloody leaflets and crap in the door everyday it would prob be once a month! I hate them sales calls too.....why do they always call when you're in the middle of making dinner or just about to sit down and relax for the evening? O:|
elizajane Posts: 631
Mite help - Have to say, as someone who has dropped leaflets for a Councillor, i'd never put a leaflet in a door that has a "No Junk Mail" sign. A lot of the time though, the leaflets have info relating to issues such as parking, traffic calming measures, public services etc and if ppl dont get this mail in the door they can sometimes find that changes happen in their area and they dont know about it/cannot object to proposed changes and loose out - sometimes I'd knock on the door and explain what is in the leaflet and ask the person if they'd like a copy and i find that most people are only too happy to get such info and thank you for taking the time to knock. Maybe put a sign on the door saying "No take-away menu's, or promotional material" and this eliminates the countless amount of these types of leaflets ya get in the door - i know the curse myself - live in an apartment and only have a small letterbox downstairs and its constantly getting clogged up. And also - who needs to see take away menus when trying to keep the weight down for a wedding :o0 :o0 :o0
xx fairy mommy xx Posts: 1833
i have a real objection to this crap...especially the leaflets for clothes pickups when its highly publicized that they are not as well intentioned as they might appear! to me its the equivalent of littering except my hallway is the dumping ground!! have handed back leaflets and it doesn't make a blind bit of difference!!