unwanted mobile phone messages

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jix Posts: 15
I received a number of messages on my mobile over the weekend. There were a couple of text and also photo messages of a dirty/sexual nature. The persons mobile number is attached, however I dont want to ring the number directly as even if they answered I would be none the wiser as to who it is. Has anybody any idea of how I could track down a name to the number or trick them into giving me their name without going to drastic measures. Its a 087 number which I believe is Vodafone. I know that have a mobile directory but you need to give them the name and they give you the number whereas I need it the other way around. Any help appreciated as its creepy to think that someone I know is sending these.
Glittergal Posts: 1504
If you ring Vodafone and tell them they can block the senders number so you wont be able to receive any more messages from them
AVENGER Posts: 4595
Ring it back from a blocked number and then go to the guards with the number. I had this problem with a guy from college a few years ago who though it was the funniest thing ever to ring at all hours of the night leaving rather nasty messages. I didnt know to start with that it was him but rung the number back and he answered it. I called the guards and he was taken in and given a warning for harrassment. On what planet do people think that this type of thing is funny? :x :x
If you want to make sure you are calling from a blocked mobile phone key in #31# and then the number, check it on someone elses phone before you do it but it definately works if you are calling from an 087 number
yadayada Posts: 1066
:arrow:
Thanks gals. I would really really like to know who it is. It really freaks me out to think that it is someone I know which it obviously is as the message was personalized to me. If I ring the number all I will probably get is a "hello", and I wont have much time to try and register the voice. I need at least a ploy to keep the guy talking and maybe even volunter his name.
clucky Posts: 26471
hide your number then ring and pretend you are from a radio station - try Q102 you know the morning thing they do ? flirty at 8.30? tell him he has been picked for that and that someone fancies him and he will probably chat away and give his name and where he is
Another way is if they have a personalised voice message. Dial 087 5 and the remaining number and it will bring you straight into their mailbox. They might have their own message on it so you could tell by their voice then
SummerDays Posts: 665
Must have been the weekend for it I had a strange Scottish woman continually ringing me up saying that she saw me with her boyfriend Withheld number unfortunately! If I hear from her again Im going to go to the guards, so fingers crossed she has developed something better to do with her time :roll:
Ok - I am all shaky - just did the mailbox thing but they dont have it set up. It was a really good idea though. I was actually out on a date with my H2b, when I got the messages. It was our when we first met anniversary, the last one before we get married and start celebrating wedding anniversaires. I was hoping for a really loved up, romantic night and it really ruined the whole night. So I am feeling pretty angry too.