Update on Mum

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

HippyChic Posts: 1812
You guys were all so lovely when I got the shock about Mum's news and I know a few people said to keep you updated. Rather than bring up the old thread I'm just starting this one. She's back in Ireland, staying with us. VHI wouldn't cover her for any more treatment abroad so she's going to the Private Breast Clinic in CUH. First meeting there yesterday, consultant was a darling and completely put her at ease. He did a quick exam and then sent her off for ultrasound and further biopsy. I sat in on everything, there's a definite mass in one breast that even I could see. They took 3 samples during the core biopsy and we're awaiting the results of those. She's doing really well otherwise and knows what she wants either way. Thanks for all the well wishes ladies, hopefully we'll catch a break and get some good news from the biopsy results.
mrsmoo2202 Posts: 1930
Fingers and toes and all things croasable crossed for you. Hopefully you get some good news soon, thoughts are with you :action31
Ellefun Posts: 1312
Glad she is surrounded by reassurance and love. I wish her all the best and a speedy recovery.
Rogue User Posts: 6101
Your Mammy is very lucky to have you Hippy Chic. Best wishes and fingers crossed for your Mother.
PussyGalore Posts: 3388
At least she's home with you now hippychic, I have my fingers' crossed for her :action32
wowser Posts: 538
all my best wishes for your mum Hippychic, she will be in the best possible care.
R2theB Posts: 1660
Best wishes and happy thoughts for your mum, you and your family Hippychic. I'm glad to hear she's back home and surrounded by loved ones. :lvs
Ms HP Posts: 617
Your mummy is lucky to have you. Thoughts and prayers are with you all x
Meggi Posts: 383
Glad to hear she is back home with you and it sounds like she is in good hands in CUH. Best wishes to you all.
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
Glad to hear she's home. Everything always seems so much worse when you can't get to the person. Best of luck with everything hun and just to say my own mum had breast cancer and she's been a surviver now for over 20 years :wv