Menu

updo's for bridesmaids and flowergirls

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrssoon Posts: 112
I have decided to wear my hair half up half down for my wedding in August. I have been trying to find some nice updo styles for my 2 adult bridesmaids and also some nice updo's for my junior bridesmaid, who's 11 and 2 flowergirls, who are both 7. The junior bridesmaid and flowergirls I'll be doing their hair myself to save on cost, but the adult bridesmaids will be having their done professionally. Any suggestions? :eek
friendship Posts: 325
That's exactly what I'm thinking of doing, sorry though I have no idea about what upstyles I want either.
stockbroking bride Posts: 2642
I'd let them wear there hair whatever way they (or their parents) want. Don't you think you're being a bit of a control freak dictating what hairstyles your bridesmaids wear. I'd be tempted to get a Sinead O'Conner if confronted with a bride trying to dictate my hairstyle.
Sorry but I don't agree, if you want Bridesmaids to do their hair up and you are paying for it, I don't think there is a problem asking them to put it up. I've seen numerous wedding where all bridesmaids have the same hair style and it looks fantastic.
stockbroking bride Posts: 2642
I beg to differ. I think the identikit bridesmaids look ridiculous - I remember seeing a wedding where the bridesmaids wore matching dresses, jewelery, hairstyles, headpieces and shoes at a hotel near my parents. It just looked crazy. My husband commented that the bride must be a complete control freak, at which point the woman of the hour appeared and began ordering the bridal party around. I had to steer the poor man down to the bar out of the way he was laughing so hard.
mrspants Posts: 4652
The poor man indeed. What kind of man even notices this?
mrssoon Posts: 112
No, I don't think I am being a control freak at all. The adult bridesmaids will decide with me how to wear their hair, since I am paying for it, and no, they don't have to be the same. For the younger bridesmaids, since I am doing their hair on the morning then yes, I need something simple for them, that won't fall down in two mins time. It's not being a 'control freak', it's being organised. O:|
Kermette Posts: 924
[quote="hotpants":2kvdbi5v]The poor man indeed. What kind of man even notices this?[/quote:2kvdbi5v] LOL +1
mrssoon you are not being a control freak!
starzzzz Posts: 1123
[quote="stockbroking bride":3lzbo1mg]I beg to differ. I think the identikit bridesmaids look ridiculous - I remember seeing a wedding where the bridesmaids wore matching dresses, jewelery, hairstyles, headpieces and shoes at a hotel near my parents. It just looked crazy. My husband commented that the bride must be a complete control freak, at which point the woman of the hour appeared and began ordering the bridal party around. I had to steer the poor man down to the bar out of the way he was laughing so hard.[/quote:3lzbo1mg] so what are/ did all your bridesmaids do? just pick something random to wear that morning and not be in any way co-ordinated? how would you know that they are bridesmaids. ive never heard it being said that deciding hair and dresses are being control freaks