Menu

Upset by photos

Go to Feedback

gettinghitched2016
New Wolly

Upset by photos

Postby gettinghitched2016 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:18 pm

Hey everyone we need some advice.

Our wedding has been and gone and we had a fantastic day and we were so excited to see how our day was captured. We eventually got our photos and we are extremely upset.

The quality isn't good. Around 80% if not more are poor quality candid pictures with the focus/subject of the pictures poorly defined due to lack of focus or distractions in the background.

We requested certain posed shots which weren't taken and those that were are of poor quality, with bad staging and attention to detail etc. I don't even have a picture staged or otherwise with both my parents or of my bridesmaids and I. We have a total of two staged photographs of our entire bridal party (again not everyone is looking at the camera).

We emailed our concerns and disappointment to our photographer who rudely replied without taking any responsibility at all. Saying taste is 'subjective'. We paid him in good faith and on the basis of him supposedly being a 'professional' and with that should come attention to detail and assertiveness etc

I really could write all day here about the poor quality but suffice it to say we have got some better pictures off mobile phones by amateurs.

Has anyone been in this situation or any advice of what to do? Thinking of getting other photographers professional opinions to ensure its not just us being picky.

We are so upset....its a day we can never get back.

CasualBride
Major Wolly

Re: Upset by photos

Postby CasualBride » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:24 pm

Oh God - that's a nightmare,
I don't have any help or advice but I think I remember someone else on this forum in a similar situation and a professional photographer had some opinions and maybe a suggestion that the photos could be touched up? I can't remember exactly now, but maybe search through the forum for a look, and definitely put it out there for other photographers' opinions.

You poor thing - this is awful, I absolutely love photos and booked my day to suit the photographer I wanted, so I feel for you.

gettinghitched2016
New Wolly

Postby gettinghitched2016 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:30 pm

Thanks for the reply casualbride. We're just so upset by it all. It's one of the few things that you have left to look back on after the day is over. We didn't just pick the cheapest we could find, in fact he was pricier than most and out of our budget but we thought at the time he was worth it to have something really special.

Unfortunately, I can see local photographers being unwilling to express an opinion when we didn't give them the business. Can't seem to find the thread on this forum. X

CasualBride
Major Wolly

Postby CasualBride » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:43 pm

Yeah, true - maybe you could Google "photo reparation / enhancement" and see if anyone crops up that you could get in touch with - it's worth a try.. I can't believe your photographer is so unconcerned about this, I mean, surely anyone can see how unprofessional they look, maybe the best thing is to get a second opinion if you find someone online, there might be some sort of compensation you'd be entitled to, so at least that would cover the cost of trying to get them fixed.
I really feel for you. I'm already looking forward to seeing my photos and my wedding is still a month away, but I do think they're really important and special, so I feel very bad for you. I'd be gutted.

gettinghitched2016
New Wolly

Postby gettinghitched2016 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:09 pm

Thanks for the tip.

He couldn't care less. We pointed out the issues and basically either didn't address them or made excuses. Basically it took him 4 weeks to reply to our issues and finished his reply with he does not wish to work further on an album!!!! To me that speaks volumes. He clearly wants rid of us

Should have had alarm bells as he barely contacted us prior to the wedding, took nearly 12 weeks to send us the link to our photos (instead of the 3 as per website), and I recall on a manic wedding day him saying 'you know my style' surely bit late to be discussing that! I'm so annoyed and angry.

CasualBride
Major Wolly

Postby CasualBride » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:26 pm

Ah stop - that's just arrogance.. he doesn't want to work further on an album??? Flip cheek of him, I work in graphic design and I know it can be frustrating when people say one thing and want another, but I have never yet turned around and said that I'm not spending any more time trying to get their design right, and that's a totally subjective, ambiguous concept - photos are there in front of you, you can see them and see what the issue is!??! I'm angry for you - what an attitude!!!

Jennies Invitations
gettinghitched2016
New Wolly

Postby gettinghitched2016 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:43 pm

He wanted all his money upfront but I refused on the basis that we were paying for a service and a product (the album). Thank goodness for small mercies. In saying that we have more or less paid the amount you would pay for a fully edited dvd with good photos!! That's all he has offered us....not even an offer to edit them further

He is totally arrogant and doesn't think much of his clients or his professional reputation if this is his after care!

denlo
WOL Network

Postby denlo » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:43 pm

As a professional photographer I'm disgusted by his treatment of you and your issues. I can make no excuses for his behaviour and his lack of professionalism. There is no excuse for him not getting the formal/posed shots from your list - that is basic stuff and although we love candid photos, there is a place for staged poses, especially with your bridal party.

I'm not sure if we can help you, but we'd be willing to try - maybe we could put an album together for you. Don't hesitate to get in touch if you'd like to talk about it.
One Wedding - Two Photographers
www.denlo.ie 086 259 2381 [email protected]

Jennifer Paradise
New Wolly

Postby Jennifer Paradise » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:16 pm

So sorry to hear you're not happy with your photos. You've every right to be upset! Did you manage to get them touched up in the end? Could you please PM me the name of your photographer - I just want to make sure I don't have him booked.

konradkubic
New Wolly

Postby konradkubic » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:18 am

gettinghitched2016 wrote:Hey everyone we need some advice.

Our wedding has been and gone and we had a fantastic day and we were so excited to see how our day was captured. We eventually got our photos and we are extremely upset.

The quality isn't good. Around 80% if not more are poor quality candid pictures with the focus/subject of the pictures poorly defined due to lack of focus or distractions in the background.

We requested certain posed shots which weren't taken and those that were are of poor quality, with bad staging and attention to detail etc. I don't even have a picture staged or otherwise with both my parents or of my bridesmaids and I. We have a total of two staged photographs of our entire bridal party (again not everyone is looking at the camera).

We emailed our concerns and disappointment to our photographer who rudely replied without taking any responsibility at all. Saying taste is 'subjective'. We paid him in good faith and on the basis of him supposedly being a 'professional' and with that should come attention to detail and assertiveness etc

I really could write all day here about the poor quality but suffice it to say we have got some better pictures off mobile phones by amateurs.

Has anyone been in this situation or any advice of what to do? Thinking of getting other photographers professional opinions to ensure its not just us being picky.

We are so upset....its a day we can never get back.

[color=#0080FF]Hi,

That's really disappointing. I would like to suggest you hire Konrad Kubic as the wedding photographer. As Konrad Kubic has been won many awards for his excellent photography.

Go to Feedback