Urgent.... Pressie Ideas Needed By Useless Man!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Wedding Cars Ireland Posts: 1970
Hi all, Its that time year again when I have one day to buy something special for my OH. Things I am NOT allowed to get are clothes, jewellery, perfume or spa/health club vouchers. To complicate things further its her birthday in Jan! Going into Galway tomorrow so please give me ideas! And yes, I am only a man therefore totally useless.... Thanks, Pat.
RinkyDinkSlink Posts: 730
*Favourite tv show box set *Books *'Night off' kit for her, where she goes and pampers herself in the bath and you do everything (clean house, mind kids, cook dinner etc) *The experience thingys in Boots at the mo, got my OH one of these, there's one for adrenaline junkies if she's into that sort of thing? She can go horse-riding, or shooting, or scuba-diving. There's 21 different things to choose from. *It's a bit late for Christmas but you could commission a piece of art for her birthday, or keep it in mind for next year? Hope those help, will add more if I think of any :wv
streaks Posts: 3592
You could get the body shop to do up a little hamper for her, I got this for my mum, body butters and bath bombs etc just pick what you want and they'll make the hamper or if it was me I'd love to be taken away for a night/ weekend you could double it up for her birthday and have a bottle of champers and bouquet of flowers waiting in the room for her aswell!! Serious brownie points ;o)
MinnietheMinx Posts: 2396
Pyjamas (if she likes to wear them- not sexy undies), dvd box set, cds, concert tickets, handbag (only if you know what she'd like), cookery book (if she likes cooking), nice photo of you two/ her with close friends in a nice photo frame... That's me out of ideas!
happyfamily Posts: 3323
how about booking a weekend for the two of you in a nice hotel with breakfast in bed and dinner and stuff. You would tie it in with concert tickets too. I don't know what part of the country you're in but there are always lots of events on in castlebar, gelneagles killarey and dublin. Go on ticketmaster and see if anything there would appeal to her and once you've booked the tickets go on booking.ie and book a nice hotel. The best thing about booking.ie is that you don't have to pay in advance so you can cancel or change the dates if you need to. I love when my OH does this because it takes a little organising and thought. You can present it to her at christmas by printing up the details and putting them inside a card or get a dvd/cd of the concert/act you're bringing her too. Put pictures of the hotel inside the card too and make sure you've sorted ALL the details i.e. transport, babysitter, dogsitter. Nothing worse than giving her a weekend away and leaving her the stress of organising the details. The effort will mean more to her than the gift-trust me
Laila K Posts: 593
Or make up a hamper with a hotwater bottle, a candle, a book, body cream, etc...
mrssunflower Posts: 3651
*) new phone *) DS with games ie Mario, tetris, brain training *) nice bottle of champagne *) chocolates *) one of those hand painted Lolita wine glasses *) nice fluffy PJs and fluffy slippers (totally non sexy but fab) *) A fluffy blanket for snuggling on the sofa *) A good book *) has she an ipod? *) songs for her ipod or cds for the car, now 77 and katie perry are my favs *) Ugg boots? (bit expensive though) ok can't think of anything else right now put I'll be back
Wedding Cars Ireland Posts: 1970
[quote="Laila K":1vczjvov]Or make up a hamper with a hotwater bottle, a candle, a book, body cream, etc...[/quote:1vczjvov] I will need the above myself if I don't come up with the goods! Thanks all, I will be a man on a mission tomorrow!
streaks Posts: 3592
[quote="Getaway Wedding Cars":bzx6h31e][quote="Laila K":bzx6h31e]Or make up a hamper with a hotwater bottle, a candle, a book, body cream, etc...[/quote:bzx6h31e] I will need the above myself if I don't come up with the goods! Thanks all, I will be a man on a mission tomorrow![/quote:bzx6h31e] :o0 :o0
Alwaysbroke Posts: 1140
Personally I'd love tickets to a concert or a Willow Tree figurine. Have a look at them online! I think they're fab! Every year I wish that my dh would put a little bit of thought into his gift for me. It's not about the money but something that he knows I'd love but usually get whatever he can manage to pick up in the jewellers on xmas eve!