urine sample

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sashay Posts: 10
Anyone test for blood traces in urine at clinic? they said i had and sent sample for further analysis to lab. holles street. is this unusual or nothing to worry bout?
tilsun Posts: 4506
Sorry, I have no experience of this so cannot reassure you. Would you ring your own doc to ask what it means? Hope you're doing ok
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
Had you been bleeding or spotting prior to visit to hospital?
Diamondz Posts: 2208
I had this around 17 weeks - docs thought it was a urine infection and hence sent sample for further analysis (just in case I needed and antibiotic)... turns out mine was related to fibroids that were bleeding (not so common). They jsut need to check as if you have an infection they will want to get it cleared up as soon as possible... HTH :wv
The Contented Little Mummy Posts: 600
Whenever a dip stick test is done on urine and something like blood, leukocytes, bilirubin etc shows up a trace amount in the sample they will send it off to the lab to retest there as the lab test is more accurate/sensitive then the dip stick. So just routine/ protocol to send off to the lab pet :wv
sashay Posts: 10
hi girls thanks for replies. Goin in to gp fri to get result of lab test they wont give it to me over the phone. I just a bit confused cos i really dont feel i have kidney infection and just wonderin what else could it be. Didnt have bleeding or anything beforehand. First timer so worried bout everything and only 21 so none of my freinds have any experiences to share! hopefully all will be grand. thanks again
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
Hope everything is ok.