Urine Sample....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Angel2 Posts: 787
Girls, Going to doc for confirmation of bfp and I know this is a silly question but I have no urine sample containers at home so what else could I bring the sample in? I remember there was a post about this somewhere else before but can't find it. :-8
Bumpalicious Posts: 512
Angel, You can buy those sample jars in most chemists as far as I know, definitely saw some in my local one last time I was in.. Hope this helps..
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Do it when you get there,they have loads !
Thanks girls. Ya, I could do it when I'm there but my visit is going to be very bitter sweet. Not only am I going to get my BFP confirmed but also going through the report properly on my d&c results face to face with my doc so when I go in to see her I would prefer to have my sample with me as I know it's going to be upsetting. I've discussed it with a midwife over the phone but I'll be discussing it properly with my doc later. Dreading it.
Me Julia Posts: 1352
Ah, best of luck angel2. :xxx I got my little jars in the local chemist. I cant really think of anything else except maybe a jam jar that you could use. :o0
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
I posted about this before angel and Sphynx gave me the suggestion to use the evening primrose oil container which I did. Ask you GP for one of the containers when you go for future visits. Urine sample container doesn't have to be sterile is what she told me
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
[quote="Angel2":udapdx44]Thanks girls. Ya, I could do it when I'm there but my visit is going to be very bitter sweet. Not only am I going to get my BFP confirmed but also going through the report properly on my d&c results face to face with my doc so when I go in to see her I would prefer to have my sample with me as I know it's going to be upsetting. I've discussed it with a midwife over the phone but I'll be discussing it properly with my doc later. Dreading it.[/quote:udapdx44] Oh right sorry I didnt realise,but shes there to help and comfort you...
Mrs Lucy06 Posts: 929
If you had a small lemonade bottle rinse it out & use it then when at the docs ask for some sample bottles. At my last hosp visit they checked mine & handed me back the bottle I was like yuk!!! Best of luck to you hun, letus know how you get on. Take Care Lucy
:o0 Oh could you imagine my docs face!!! Thanks Me Julia, will check out the chemist.
Thanks girls, just saw there rest of your replies there. Oh don't be sorry Dora girl, it's just when I get in there I don't want to have to go back out to do a sample as I know this evening is going to be upsetting. Ya I'll ask my doc for a few containers this evening. Thanks again girls. I'd be lost without ye. :xxx