USA H'MOON - JFK STOPOVER URGENT Q

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

JP123 Posts: 125
GIRLS, IS AN HOUR AND 20 MINS LONG ENOUGH TO STOP OVER IN JFK EN ROUTE TO VEGAS? BOOKING FLIGHTS TODAY & ALL I KNOW IS THAT I HAVE TO PICK UP LUGGUAGE ALTHOU I WILL HAVE MY BOARDING PASS AS I AM FLYING WITH THE SAME AIRLINE! ANYONE ANY EXPERIENCE OF THIS AIRPORT? THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Tic Toc Croc Posts: 3710
I would have to say No i am afraid, its a big airport one when we were there we were circuling the city for an hour before we could land and then you have all the costume checks you would be cuting it very fine
Hopefully07 Posts: 2027
No way is it going to be enough time, it’ll take you at least an hour (if not more) Not only that if you don’t make it you’ll be put on a “list” and then could be sitting around in departures for hours while the flights take off and you’re sitting waiting for somebody not to show up for there fight (TOTAL NIGHTMARE) What airline are you traveling with? If it’s American airlines, I’d rather say at home we flew with them to Vegas and they were a TOTAL nightmare start to finish. O:| >:o(
Higgs particle Posts: 4557
Not half long enough 'forgiens' go through the mill even on internal flights ! I think my sister had 2 and 1/2 coming through LA and just made the flight after raoring at someone. You will have recheck in bags and all. Sorry !
Spudnik2b Posts: 1804
If you are using the same airline, can you not check your bags all the way through to your final destination, we have been able to do this a couple of times when flying to the States and having to change flights? Its worth a look before booking, ring the airline and ask them.
pops15 Posts: 78
JP123..you will not be able to check your bags the whole way through even if you are travelling with the same airline all the way. Its because of Customs...you need to go through at first point of entry to the USA, so for you it would mean at JFK. At least 2 hours would be needed so as not to put yourselves under too much pressure HTH
effielou Posts: 100
what airline are you flying with? I fly from JFK to Vegas a bit as I used to live there. The bags from international flights take along time to come through sometimes. what you should try and do is try and find another airline to fly direct to vegas from jfk, there are only 2 that do it, the other airlines you have to stopover at other airports, which is a pain in the bum as its a 5 1/2 hours flight as it is. Try they fly direct from jfk (terminal 6) to Vegas a few times a day and are a really nice airline to fly with , you have personal screens and big leather seats and they are the best priced other wise check out USairways.com (Is that who you are flying with already?).