Using Fake tan???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

soon2bmomof3&4 Posts: 400
hey, has anyone any information on using fake tan while pregnant?? i'm 27 weeks gone and was wondering if its safe to use the overnight or instant stuff?? thanks
NotHere Posts: 10273
Good question...would like to know the answer to this one myself *)
stjude Posts: 121
i beliveve fake bake is the safest to use. spray tan is a no no
littledolly Posts: 393
There is lots of debate on this. I was booked in for a spray tan just after I got my BFP. I asked the beautician and she said the one that I was getting (SunFX) was perfectly safe. She did mention to me there was one you can't use when PG, and I am nearly sure she said Fake Bake, but not 100%. I know friends who have used various fake tans off and on while PG and all was fine.
soon2bmomof3&4 Posts: 400
thanks for your replies, i went to mccabes last night and asked the pharmacist and she said to stick to the instant shimmer stuff and not the other overnight stuff as it could be full of chemicals to be on the safe side!!
babe06 Posts: 898
I have used the instant rimmle stuff - i works great and looks fine. Its juts the same as makeup really. Everythings fine with me so far so it should be ok
Moet for me Posts: 1841
Yes I really worried about this too in the end I had 2 one spray and one st tropez hand put on tans, both for weddings where I was in the bridal party otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. I didn't get them on my stomach not that that would be any use but it made me feel better about it. The woman was telling me to tell her if my baby came out with a tan. I wasn't comfortable with it but everything did go ok.