Ust got bfp! How to tell dh?!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Beaubelle Posts: 741
Hi girls! Yay I'm back in p&b!!! Just got bfp this morning. Dh is still in bed.looking for a way to tell him! Was thinking of getting one of those 'im the big brother' t shirts for ds, but has anyone any other ideas? How did you tell your dp? Thanks!
MonkeySocks Posts: 1185
Ooooh congrats on your BFP!! I was desperate to tll DH when I found out, so I just asked him what he was doing on the 5th March 2012, and he said "why, who is getting married?!"! I then told him that we might have to make a trip to Holles Street that day and it finally clicked with him!
i want one Posts: 2893
i had one of those tshirts for DD big sister so i put it on her and threw her up on the bed with DH. i said DD has one more bday present for u sorry its a bit late :o)ll he was delighted. it wasnt a sticky tho but sure ill do the same next time please god there is a next time. congratulations and wishing u a happy and healthy 9 months :o)ll :o)ll
pag Posts: 633
Congrats Beaubelle. :o)ll :o)ll I got t-shirt for DD (get bigger size so can wear when LO actually arrives :) )and told her to give the clearblue digital into Daddy. He said "is mammy trying to tell me something?" and DD laughed and ran away. I thought it was nice to have her involved.
fizzy bubbles Posts: 339
Congrats Beaubelle on your bfp :o)ll
BabyDreams Posts: 211
Congrats on your BFP! I did a cheapie internet test and it came back positive so I went out the next day and bought the clearblue digital and did the test (1-2 weeks). It was our anniversary of our first date that day so I hid our video camera and when he came in from work made him sit down and said I had an anniversary pressie for him and gave him a bag with little booties and the test in it.. Plus I have it all on video!
Esketti Posts: 936
Huge congrats on your BFP - lovely to include your little one in it! My BFP was a huge surprise and i was in work and I blubbed it out to DH on the phone when he rang me! Not the ideal way that I wanted to tell him, but howandever, its done now and I cant change it! If I had of had time to think I would have waited till that evening when I got home from work and involved DS in it somehow! Enjoy it whatever way you tell him, its the most exciting news to tell! :lvs :lvs
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
congrats!! i blurted it out on phone too!! didnt want to but we had been talking bout my AF not arriving and then i txt him on the monday and said i was buying a test! he rang later for something and i was smiling which he could obviously hear, and he said what is it?? course i had to tell him!! the above ways are very cute but sure anyway is grand!!
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
Congrats on your BFP!!
Beaubelle Posts: 741
Thanks a mill ladies...just did another test as I am in complete disbelief!! Still haven't told dh...going out to do grocery shop after lunch so I'll take a look for the t shirt. Anyone know if next stock them? Thanks!