uti

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

feelsobad Posts: 693
Hi Girls Anyone had a urinary tract infection while pregnant? Not sure if I have one but (sorry if TMI) .. i have noticed last few times gone to toilet I have cloudy pee. Trying to get through to GP to make appointment - feel a bit silly going about something like that but just to be sure
vonnyoc Posts: 2688
Hi Chloe, I'm not pregnant but I have a UTI at the moment, you don't just have cloudy pee you would find it very painful to pee also it's like your squeezing pee out sorry if it's TMI :-8
thanks vonny Can gp take sample and check for it there and then or does she have to send away? Going to doc in morning Just so hard to know what things are symptoms and what aren't!
shocked22 Posts: 511
I've had a couple of UTI while pregnant and the symptom I had was smelly wee! Sorry if TMI! It wasn't sore or I didn't have any pain just smelly....you are better off getting it checked. They will send it off for testing but you should have the results in a couple of days. HTH
theoracle Posts: 7664
Cloudy wee would normally be indication of increased protein in the urine or result of something you ate, but quite common in pregnancy, UTI is usually accompanied by other symptoms ie burning when you wee, pain in the kidney area etc, but on rare occasion it can be without any symptoms. It is never silly to have it checked out if you are worried about it, at least you will know for sure.
Hopefully07 Posts: 2027
When I had my hospital appointment this week my hubby remarked on my wee been cloudy :-8 but when they checked it everything was fine....I think it's you're hormones that can change you're wee but if you're worried get it check by you're doc.
vonnyoc Posts: 2688
he will send it away but he can check if there is and infection on the pee sticks that they dip into the wee. It might just be protein but best to check it out
thanks girls would be lost without you. Getting it checked in the morning