v v light spotting?? Please help!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

glover Posts: 188
hi girls, got my bfp the other day so very early days (haven't even added myself to the december thread yet!) Just noticed after I wiped there a tiny bit of brown on the tissue and when I say tiny I mean tiny! It almost looked like the VERY end of a period. It def wasn't pink or dark brown either. God am so so worried, dont know what to think and if I keep googling anymore I think i'll go insane. And ideas if this is normal at just under 5 weeks? Have doc appointment tomorr to confirm everything anyway but think i'll go mad in between
babybambino Posts: 940
Rosiebell try not to worry about it, I am 8 weeks today and from when I found out (5weeks) I had brown spotting on and off, it might be there once in the day when I wiped and then nothing again until the next day or the day after that. I was totally freaked out but then read somewhere that it can be caused by implantation of the egg into the uterus wall and that it's nothing to worry about unless it's bright red or accompanied by severe cramping. My brown spotting has eased off completely now, I think the last time was probably a week and a half ago. Mention it to your doctor anyway but it's perfectly normal. At the early stages everything freaks you out, the book what to expect when you're expecting is really brilliant, it lists symptoms you might be experiencing week by week and explains most of the causes for the symptoms.
babybambino thanks so much for replying, feel a bit better now. Have had period like cramps since before my period was due so def didn't expect a bfp!! I really didn't think i'd be this nervous and worried but omg I just cant relax since I found out and then when I saw the spotting I nearly died! I agree though that theres no point in stressing unless I actually have something concrete to stress about! God im nuts but I really want this to be it for us. I'll say it to the doc tomorr anyway and fingers crossed its just implantation or something, Thanks hun
babybambino Posts: 940
I would have considered myself quite laid back but I've never been pregnant before so the changes going on in my body are completely alien to me, there are so many things I never knew before about being pregnant. Most things that you fell are entirely normal and someone somewhere has experienced it before, you should have a look at the December thread just to see what other women at your stage are feeling. Best of luck at the doctor's appointment tomorrow.
Asscher Posts: 732
[quote="rosiebelle":2c3ils1a]hi girls, got my bfp the other day so very early days (haven't even added myself to the december thread yet!) Just noticed after I wiped there a tiny bit of brown on the tissue and when I say tiny I mean tiny! It almost looked like the VERY end of a period. It def wasn't pink or dark brown either. God am so so worried, dont know what to think and if I keep googling anymore I think i'll go insane. And ideas if this is normal at just under 5 weeks? Have doc appointment tomorr to confirm everything anyway but think i'll go mad in between[/quote:2c3ils1a] I am the worst person to tell you not to worry cos I am a dreadful worrier but please try to keep calm for your own sake. I had exactly the same happen me at 5 weeks. When I went to the loo and wiped there was a small amount of brown 'old' blood. It happened a couple of times and I had tiny amounts in my underwear a couple of times too. Everything turned out to be completely fine but I did not enjoy the first few weeks of my pregnancy at all as I convinced myself the worst was going to happen and I got into an awful black mood. So hard as it is relax and enjoy this time it is very common for this to happen.
sunny505 Posts: 1807
Just before my bfp, I had similar spotting. I've since found out that it was more than likely an implantation bleed. Your timing sounds similar and it could very well be that. Just think: there is absolutely nothing you can do now beyond being positive and in general keeping yourself as healthy as possible. All common sense stuff - taking a rest when you feel tired, not drinking or smoking, cutting down on caffeine. Beyond those things there's nothing you can do. I know it's hard but try not to stress.
gingerbread1 Posts: 79
Rosiebelle, I experienced the same spotting along with cramps. I rang the EPU and because of the cramps they asked me to come in. I got an ultrasound at 4w6d and it didnt show any pregnancy but normal for that stage. They did bloods and then rang me the following day to go in the following morning for an internal scan as the hcg levels were quite high and the ultrasound should of showed something. They were afraid I was having an ectopic pregnancy We were worried sick, barely slept. We went in last Thursday and there was a sac, so relieved.... We are now back on Wed for another ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy is progressing. The spotting is normal (as long as its not red) but together with cramps gives concern. If you have any concerns ring the EPU, seriously I am amazed at how brillant they have been. Big hugs to you, I know how worrying it can be.
girls thanks so much for your replies (gingerbread glad to hear your good news) but im even more in limbo after my visit to the doc. Am so upset girls. Did a hpt this morn when I got up and the line was significantly more faint than my first positive last week which wasn't even done with FMU. Went to doc and the line on her test was also quite faint but still visible. The spotting has pretty much stopped, still a teeny bit there after I wipe but the fainter line is really throwing me off?? Im just wondering if the hormone is decreasing therefore showing a lighter line She has referred me to an EPU but could only get an appointment for thurs morn which seems so far away. Said she couldn't get me in any sooner cos there are so busy. I dont know what to think to be honest. Have had some slight cramps and slight lower back pain today (like what I would get before a period). She was quite cool and clinical with me I felt and I was just so upset in there cos I really feel like its going to be bad news. Any thoughts? Is there anything I can do before thursday? What will they do at the EPU this early (only 5 wks) Cant stop crying :o(
double post
gingerbread1 Posts: 79
Ah rosiebelle big hugs :xox :xox :xox Try to stay positive though, lines maybe be sensitive say if its not your fmu. I would try not to panic until Thursday. They will definitely do bloods and ask you to come back a couple of days later to ensure that your hcg level is increasing. They will either do an ultrasound (full bladder) or internal scan (empty bladder), so maybe ask when you get there. They wont see to much, maybe just a sac with an internal scan, seen nothing on me on the ultrasound. They will then schedule you to come back at a later date until they detect a heartbeat. :lvs :lvs The midwife told me that no more spotting is really good, once they detect the sac and see a heart beat they treat the pregnancy as viable. Hope I am making sense here. Please try to stay positive, I was so upset last week when the hospital called and the next day there was the sac. I know Thursday seems like an eternity but just try not to test and just concentrate on looking after yourself.