VAL COLLECTIONS CEASED TRADING

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Minnie1980 Posts: 74
I've previously posted about my nightmare experience with Val Collections (am getting married in 9 days, dress hasn't arrived, all correspondence ignored, no refund of $1810 paid). Anyway, I lodged a complaint with the BBB (USA Trading Standards). Val Collections has ignored their correspondence too, but this morning I received notification that Val Collections has gone out of business. I know other people on the site have ordered dresses through them (and thought my bad experience was unusual), so I wanted to let you know. I'm now trying to get a refund of the money paid through my credit card company. In the UK there's a piece of legislation (Section 75 Consumer Credit Act) that provides for your credit card company to refund you if you use your card to pay for items costing more than £1,000 that don't arrive or are faulty. In Ireland the corresponding piece of legislation is Section 42 Consumer Credit Act 1995. Good Luck!
glowgal Posts: 949
Oh so sorry to hear that happened to you, hope you get your money back. More importantly have you got another dress for the big day?
Minnie1980 Posts: 74
Yes I do, thank God! I got Alfred Angelo style 1755 and am happy with it thanks