Menu

VAT Rate Increase

Go to Let off steam

FionaMc17
New Wolly

VAT Rate Increase

Postby FionaMc17 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:33 pm

Hi ladies,

Just wondering has anyone else’s wedding package price increased for weddings in 2019 due to the increased VAT rate from yesterday budget?

Marymc30
New Wolly

Re: VAT Rate Increase

Postby Marymc30 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:08 pm

Hi,

I just received an email from my hotel saying the package price and room prices have to increase because of the vat increase. I'm really annoyed about this as I think that for weddings already booked they could have absorbed the cost! How much did yours increase by ?

marina-anseo
New Wolly

Postby marina-anseo » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:51 pm

I have my wedding booked with that last 2 years and this is the second time they've raised the price on us. If I didn't have all the other vendors booked, I'd be tempted to cancel this venue.

I'm also very disappointed that they haven't absorbed the cost for weddings already booked.

FionaMc17
New Wolly

Postby FionaMc17 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:30 am

Yes it’s such a pity they can’t just absorb the cost at this point. I checked my contract and it does state ‘plus VAT which is subject to change’ my package has gone up €3 per person which overall adds up ☹️

Gunner99
New Wolly

Postby Gunner99 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:45 am

Same thing happened us last week. Getting married in Johnstown estate next year. 5 of my group all getting married next year and ours is the only hotel who increased the price. Sickening.

PMcG
New Wolly

Postby PMcG » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:32 pm

Ladies has anyone had any luck stopping the increase? I have a signed contract stating all inclusive and there is nowhere in the terms and conditions giving them a get out clause. My pricing in total is increasing by almost €1000. This is just beyond a joke. I chose my venue as it was an all inclusive package and am only 15 weeks out of the wedding. >:o(

BigDay.ie
Deed.R
New Wolly

Postby Deed.R » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:34 pm

My hotel have just contacted me with this increase also. So fustrating. Can they do this legally if not stated in signed contact? Does anyone have any legal info on it?

Go to Let off steam