veil issues- hair over updo

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

AmandaMc Posts: 1813
I bought a two tier elbow length veil made from crisp tulle last time I was in london- it's lovely with my hair half up half down but I plan on wearing my hair up with the veil over the updo- and there's quite a bit of bulk at the back. Was playing around with it at home and it just won't hang right - it kind of puckers and kinks and doesn't look even- maybe a silkier tulle would be better or maybe i need it less gathered on the comb. Anyone have any pics of hair trials or from your wedding days with your veil over your updo?
Ilovetoast Posts: 2267
I had my hair over my updo, had a fairy high bun.. It felt big to me but I loved it.. When I look at the pics I love the way it worked out.... Il pm you some pics.
Ilovetoast Posts: 2267
Ok its not letting me upload my pics :(
luckyladee Posts: 2550
I've had similar problems in that I can't decide which way to wear my veil. Here's two pics from my trial. I put these up before and most of the wollies preferred the second way but my mum and sis preferred the first way - so I'm still not sure. [attachment=1:3vsu91s2]IMG_0032.jpg[/attachment:3vsu91s2] [attachment=0:3vsu91s2]IMG_0034.jpg[/attachment:3vsu91s2]
mrswifey2012 Posts: 2042
Luckyladee, I absolutely love both. Definately given me some ideas for mine!
Lucky Mrs Posts: 1167
I prefer the way your veil is placed in the first one luckyladee amandamc is having it pinned at the back an option or does it have to be over an updo?
AmandaMc Posts: 1813
Ilovetoast- thanks again for those pics, really helped and I played around with it last night (when I had my makeup done properly etc) and love it now, just placed it a bit higher and it falls much better. Luckyladee- I commented on your hair at the time you posted- I prefer it over the style. It's neater. Either way it's a fab style and your hairdresser did a great job but personally I like it in the 2nd photo better. However maybe if I saw it in reality - from all angles, paticularly head on I might feel different -confusing isn't it?! SStar- thanks a mil, I'm not into it pinned to the bulky part to be honest. Haven't tried it but I would feel like it's just randonly stuck on and my style has a lot of bulk at the back so don't think it would look right. However much mpre confident of the idea of it over the style now- thanks!