Veil or no Veil

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Shell Sept Belle Posts: 356
Ladies, Are you wearing a veil on your big day? If so, what way did you wear your hair and did you also wear a tiara? I've bought both a veil and tiara but am not sure what way to style my hair.
notlongnow Posts: 474
hi shell im going to wear a veil alright, but no tiara. personal preference as; firstly-my hair style wont suit it, secondly- im just not a tiara type and thirdly- everyone seems to wear them. im going to take the veil off asap after the ceremony and replace it with some type of headpiece for the reception. i think it all depends on your hairstyle- tiaras seem to look best on very structured and styled hairdos, so if thats what your planning, then it would probably look great? just read over this- and im not sure if its any help!! sorry!!
notlongnow, it is a great help. I didn't realise that I'd actually have to have an upstyle for a tiara. When I bought my dress, I tried on the veil and tiara (with my hair in a pony tail) and they did look beautiful, but I wasn't sure what hair style to go with. I was half thinking of leaving it down and curling it, but you made a good and valid point... the tiara wouldn't stay in place :roll: Why didn't I think of that?! I was also planning on taking the veil off after the dinner and just leaving the tiara on.
stockbroking bride Posts: 2642
You can wear a tiara with your hair down - most have little holes through which you can put clips so as that it stays on. I'm wearing a veil without tiara for the church and have bought a tiara to put on for later in the reception.
Cookie Monster Posts: 643
You don't need to have an upstyle for a tiara, a smaller tiara would still look great with hair left down (you can just get a small band instead if you want a tiara). In saying that I am having veil and tiara with my hair up. I just figure it's the only time I'll get to wear a veil or tiara so why not. I loved dressing up as a child and I made so many veils and tiaras with old curtains and cardboard and tinfoil (I was a creative little thing!) so I was alway going to wear both on my wedding day. Hopefully the real thing will look a bit more classy than the ones I made :lol:
MrsKav, did you get your veil and tiara in David's Bridal as well? The sales assistant I had was fantastic and knew the exact veil and tiara to suit... then got me the perfect shoes and bag... I was so happy with the service.
Dream Posts: 266
Hi Im in the same boat, not sure at all, right now im thinking of wearing a veil to the chapel and once i get to the reception i'll change to my feather headpiece which i already have purchased. It so hard to know though, i think i'll feel more like a bride with the veil
notlongnow Posts: 474
hi dream totally agree- i'd really miss wearing a veil in the church- the photos just wouldnt look the same in my opinion! can i ask where you got your headpiece? i havent got a clue where to start looking!! thanks a mill! :D
Bear Posts: 671
I said I definately did not want either a veil or a tiara, but when I tried on the dress that I think I am going to get I know a veil will be fantastic with it. Planning on having my hair all back in a low knot and a single tier veil clipped just above the knot. It all depends on the dress you are wearing
Jane 06 Posts: 114
Agree with MrsB2B07, I was definately not going with a veil but when I tried it on with the dress I fell in love with it. I wore it with a tiara and wore my hair curled - half up/half down. Any hairdresser should be able to put in the tiara so it feels comfortable whatever way you decide to wear your hair.