Veils

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsMay09 Posts: 382
I know im not getting married for another year & a half but I am wondering. If you wear a veil over your face for going down the aise when do you lift it up as you will be kissing your Dad & h2b before the mass even starts. I like the idea of it but maybe its waaaaaaaaaaaay too old fashioned. I would also like to keep my veil on as long as possible as I wont be doing anything fancy with my hair as h2b hates when I tie my hair up & it reminds me of going to work.
Missus Lippy Posts: 5879
There have been a couple of other threads on this and it seems to vary 50/50. Personally, I have never seen it at a wedding here and actually tried a veil with the blusher over my face, last weekend when trying on a dress. I got the giggles and it just wasn't me but if you like it, go for it! The one advantage I could see, was if you get a bit teary eyed going down the aisle, at least you could hide behind the veil a bit.
I know I probably wont go for it but I go red when people look at me & I thought that this might disguise it!!!!
There you are, we were on the same track. If you are undecided, you could still buy the veil with the blusher and it's up to yourself whether you put it over your face or not, it can always be worn at the back, just looks like an extra layer. It defo wasn't for me though and my mam couldn't be consoled. The other thing that worries me is, you would have to be sure that whoever lifts the veil back will fix it nicely and TBH I don't trust any of my gang to do that :eek
Didnt think of that!!! God my h2b would be useless!!! ha ha We would be divorced in no time - ha ha
Not sure who actually lifts it, is it your Dad or H2B, but if you decide to do it, you could probably warn them all, BM's included, not to be letting you sit there with it sticking out to one side etc. :o0 :o0 :o0
Ya thats true - era sure its something I can try out in time. Wish I was trying on dresses now. Enjoy your dress hunting - id say its great fun
For me it's an acquired skill. The first couple of shops were very overwhelming but I am a lot more relaxed now :o0 :o0 Your day will come too :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
I know - just wishing my life away to the day :o0 God I better cop on cos I'll be in a depression after the big day
ANAIS21 Posts: 2401
:wv I will be wearing my veil over my face, walking down the Ailse, when we reach to the top, my Dad will pull the veil over and then he will pass me over to H2b...