veils

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

paws2paws Posts: 737
Hope you can help what is the story with all the different veils i am hearing all different stories short for certain lenght of dress as my dress has a long train and i heard that i should have a catherdal one have no idea on now what i should be looking for thanks guys
jogrady09 Posts: 143
hi i'm having a cathedral length veil with my dress i also have a long train but thats only because i fell in love with my veil in the bridal shop the first time i tried the whole lot on together . i think you should just wear which ever one you like with your dress x
katiemomma Posts: 2690
i have a long train and i wanted a long veil so i got cathedral length.its one tier with crystals all over. but whatever you think is nicest on you go for it. it doesnt matter what style dress you have really.
ah i see. as i'd no idea as i would really like one down to my waist i'd be afraid of tripping on the catherdal one. thank you very much i will look in to the one i like O-O
Tinkerbella Posts: 167
I have a catherdral length train on my dress and I got an elbow length veil - The veil stops just at the point where my dress falls from the waist IUKWIM
wearing a marquee Posts: 11
Really didnt realise all this went part and parcel with getting married....am so new to this...... and lost already!! : ) Had thought to my self...get church, get hotel get dress...sorted!!........seems im only dipping my toe into this vast ocean!
thats it tinkerbell i will be doing the same thanks guys for your help so really does not matter either way O-O
littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
Haven't decided if I will have a veil or not, but thinking if I do, it will be a Cathedral one one tier. Don't want a long train, but I think the veils can be shortened if necessary...I know the trains can anyway. I am only 5'2, so a short train will probably look longer on me anyway. What is the difference between a cathedral and a chapel veil or are they the same thing? I have heard both mentioned.