Venue Choice

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Elphaba Posts: 741
Hiya Ladies,I'm still a long way away from getting married and only looking at venues. I just have a quick question for you, when you found your venue was it a "wow" moment? Did you know as soon as you walked into the room? We've seen 7 places and while nice, only one stood out, and that was the very first place we saw, now we have more places to see but every new place we see makes that first one look better...:)
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Yeah for us it was a 'wow' thing. It just really stood out for us from the others we had seen and as you said, every time we went to somewhere new we said 'nah it's not as good as the other place!' Though I will say we did have a list of things we wanted (big room, wine included, rooms for the parents) etc etc and made sure our venue ticked those boxes before we booked it. Don't go for a venue just because of the way it looks. We chose Trim Castle Hotel in County Meath. Don't worry, you'll get there, sounds to me like you have your eye on the first place! Good luck!
Elphaba Posts: 741
Thanks.....oh believe me we have a list of requirements too......:) We're actually looking at Trim this weekend too! I just felt a bit down, saw 2 more places today and they did nadda for me, but then again I should be happy as it makes the decsion easier. We're going to see the first place again, just to confirm it had the real "wow" and not just "this is the first place we saw" wow..... :o0