Menu

Venue Deposit Poll

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Penny Hill Posts: 1898
Just curious, to see what you have paid, as initially one venue quoted €2000 deposit. I'm wondering are there many places out there who asked for this kind of money on a deposit. Would you pay anymore than what you did? Do you think €2000 is asking a bit much?!
cat woman Posts: 897
i gave 500 they were looking for a 1000 no way would i give 2k at the end of the day hotels are closing every day thats what i said to my hotel and they said fair enough cause remember if they close down you will not get your deposit back , and congrats on your engagement :o)ll
Bellisima Posts: 3583
€1000 for us - I think anything else is too much!
crazyinlove78 Posts: 933
€1000 for us too,think that plenty would be bit nervous giving €2000 or more, as already said if they close that money is gone....and all ua wollies know, €2000 would go along way towards something else! O:o)
scoobysnacks Posts: 80
We paid €800 on booking and then €600 six months before our wedding.
Penny Hill Posts: 1898
So far €1000 seems to be a popular choice!! But €2000 is clearly asked for a fair bit too!
JellySnakes Posts: 2201
Our deposit was €1500 but we paid 1000 first then couple weeks later paid the 500 so twas ok!
starbar10 Posts: 991
We paid 1,000 when we put our deposit down (and that was 18 months before) then about 5 months before we paid another 1,000. I know someone who paid 2k a year before and a further 2k 6 months before, its a very popular venue and to secure the date this was what was necessary.
Bellisima Posts: 3583
Id bump this again on Monday VanillaCupcake to get a good response - weekends are always quiet. Im also suprised the amount of people who had to pay more than a grand!
handtwins Posts: 866
We were asked for 2000 deposit and we paid it